Chapter 13

2 years later

| April |

2 years later

| April |

I got out of my car after a long day at college. NYU was a great university but it was extremely tiring, but since it was university it was obviously demanding.

Today was my last day before going to Stanford for a student exchange program. I couldn't wait to see California! I'd get to see Casey after 3 years of only skyping and text messaging.

After Luke left, I tried to move on but it didn't feel right. I didn't care much anyway, Lauri was at NYU with me and she helped to forget all about him.

I went to my room and continued to pack my suitcase that I had started to pack yesterday night, I was THAT excited.

After packing everything I would need for 3 months, I went downstairs and watched tv. My mom was at work, my dad was on duty and Cameron had an apartment in Manhattan and had a job there.

I put in my favorite movie - The DUFF - and watched it for the gazillionth time. Don't judge me, the scene where Wesley says, "No I'm gonna get the girl" is just perfect and adorable. Plus his abs. I mean.

While watching, I got a text from my friend Alexis:

Dipshit! You didn't tell me you were going to Cali for 3 months! We could've all gotten together and told you goodbye! Ugh anyway have fun and bring me back a keychain! Love ya xx

Alexis liked to curse. A lot. And key chains. I don't know why.

I texted her back an apology and promised to bring her back a keychain.

I met Alexis on the first day, she came up to me and said I had, and I quote, "fucking killer shoes". I had laughed and thanked her. Then she kept the conversation going and we clicked so then with Lauri and a few other people, Layla, Ash, Gary, Gabe and a lot of more we had our own little group. It was really fun.

When I was done watching The DUFF, I cleaned up and went upstairs. I zipped my suitcase shut and sat in a corner of my room. I went to the bathroom to do my business and when I was done I climbed in bed.

All I kept thinking about was California. And I fell asleep with it on my mind.

Boom boom boom

My alarm blared at 6am, my flight left at 9 so I had to be ready at 6 at least. I whined as I tried to turn off the stupid alarm. I hated it so much.

After finally turning it off, I got out of bed and groggily went to the bathroom to pee. After that, I put on a pair of jeans and an oversized shirt so that I'd be comfortable during the flight.

I brought my suitcase downstairs and set it next to the door while I ate a bit of breakfast, not wanting to eat airplane food since I couldn't stand it, not even a bit.

My mom was surely asleep so I tried my best not to bother her, she'd been working too much recently.

After eating very quickly, I went to the airport, checked my bags, got my ticket and went to sit at the gate.

California, here I come.

-- 6 long hours later --

Ahh, it's nice to be back. After landing I called my mom and told her that everything had gone well with the flight and then I bid her goodbye and went to get my luggage.