Chapter 1

| April |

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock and realized I had school today. The first day at my new school. New people, new friends, new drama.

I've always been the new girl, every two years, my family would have to move because of my father's job in the military.

I used to live in California before, it was hard to leave since I had grown close to a lot of people. Now I live In New York City.

New York City, the big apple. I had only come here once before on vacation. I couldn't believe how big the city was.

I grumpily got out of bed and went to the bathroom, took a shower, did my business and got out.

I went to my closet deciding on what to wear. I decided to go simple, so I put on high-waisted jean shorts, a black muscle tank and my white converse. I then did my makeup and just made it pretty simple only adding eyeliner as a plus.

After I grabbed my backpack, I went out the door.

My new school was walking distance, so I didn't bother asking my older brother Cameron to drive me to school.

I put my earphones in and they started playing Love Robbery.

A few minutes later, I had arrived at my new school.

Everybody started looking at me like I was some sort of alien. Some girls were glaring at me, while some boys were checking me out. I was bothered by the attention and walked straight to the office to grab my schedule and locker number, then I went to class.

I had Math first, which is one of my favorite subjects, so I was pretty happy. I sat down in the back seeing as I didn't want to bring too much attention to myself.

A few minutes later, after many people coming in, I saw three guys come into the room. They were laughing, probably because of something one of them said. I stared at them and realized that they were pretty hot. One of them had brown hair and brown eyes, the other one too, but the last one caught my eye.

He was blond with blue eyes and a lip ring. Normally I hate piercings on guys, but he seemed to make it work. He must off felt me staring at him, because he looked at me. I instantly looked away: I didn't want him to know I was staring.

I then felt someone sit next to me, I looked at the person who decided to sit next to me when the classroom was practically empty, and it was the same guy from before. When I looked at him, he was smirking. I looked back in front of the room, not wanting to really talk to anybody. Even though he was kind of hot.

"Hey." I heard him say.

"Hi." I answered, still not looking at him.

"So you're the new girl." He said stating the obvious.

I rolled my eyes at that:

"No, I'm the queen of England." I said, my voice dripping of sarcasm, now looking at him, with an annoyed face.

"Oh really? You're much younger than I thought you'd be." He said trying to make it seem like he hadn't caught on the sarcasm.  

"Yeah, yeah, so would you like to explain why you're sitting next to me when the classroom is almost empty? Not to be mean or anything, I just would really like to know." I asked him.

"Well, I walked into class, and I saw a beautiful girl sitting alone so I decided to be the nice guy that I am and sit next to her, because no one really wants to be alone on their first day." He said giving me a side smile.  

I laughed at that, he seemed nice.

"Well thanks, but I'm not beautiful." I said.  

"Why would you think that?" He asked, his eyebrows furrowed.

"I don't think it, I know it." I said, leaving no room for argument.

"You seem to be a very complicated person." He said looking at me, with a confused face.

"I am." I said now looking at my notebook.

With that said, the teacher walked in, and I guess he took that as a sign to not talk anymore. For some reason, I really wanted to get to know him more. It's awkward, but I promised myself to not fall in love again. I'll be leaving in two years, so I'd rather not get close to anyone. Because when you leave people you love, you leave a part of yourself. And this time, falling in love is out of the question.

A/N:

Edited: 12.04.2015