Act 1

"It rained today."
    I frowned in response, "Yeah, it rained again."
    She looked out the window and also frowned, "Will the sun ever come out?" She asked in a small voice.
    "I hope, that's all we can do."
    "Why? Why is it all we can do.."
    I chuckled and patted her head. We both knew the answer but were too scared to admit it out loud. "Honey, you should go shower." She smiled a little, "Oki."
   The rain will stop, someday, I'm sure of it.
   I took a sip of my Coffee. I would be a boring mum, that's what everyone says. Though I don't have a child, I have a little sister, I'm like her Mum.
    I love my dad, our dad, but he's never around. Then I have my Pa, he's usually at the shop making sweet croissants for all the sad kids.
    I hate the rain, it makes all my dreams soggy and smelly. One day I hope it shines, like in the movies.
   "I'm Home!" Yelled Dad, at that, I excitedly rushed to the door, embracing him in my warmth.
   "How was work? Did you make new colors? Can I see!" I asked squeezing him, he just peeled me off and smiled.
   "Did you do anything fun?" I asked again now trying to look behind him.
   "Um, Well, not today love." He replied, putting his coat back.
    Dad can be very literal sometimes. I like that about him.
   "Is your Pa home?" He asked picking me up." I smiled and shook my head no.
    He carried me to his study, Dads study was full of many colors. It reminded me of a fresh crayola box, full of all the colors you'll ever need to satisfy your need of color. He set me down on his bright orange rolley chair.
   "You remind me of your father. Your alot like him," He whispered softly. My cheeks felt warm, "Thanks."
    Than he picked up a paintbrush and started to paint onto his halfway done painting, I couldn't really make out what he was trying to achieve.
   "Is Lana in the bath?"
   "Yes."
   "Can you go help her?"
   My face turned red, I forgot about her! I got up and practically ran up the stairs to get to her, "Can I come in?" I asked somewhat panicked.
  "Sure?"
   I softly opened the door and grabbed her towel, "Do you need help?" In response the water turned off, I took that as a yes. I opened the curtain and grabbed her with the towel. She looked like a soggy dog, it was funny.
   "Can you hurry! Im gonna freeze!" She squealed, annoyed. I chuckled and walked Lana to her room, She had a spring theme in her room while I had summer.
    She put on her under garments, while I picked out some Pajamas for her to wear. My little sister had a bright wardrobe full of sundresses and skirts, though I don't get how she finds use in sun dresses anymore.
    I picked out a sunflower themed dress for her. I helped her put it on and braided her hair, "Thanks!" She smiled hugging my legs, I also smiled and patted her head.
  "Girls! Its dinnertime!" Yelled Pa, he was now home. We rushed down and sat eagerly at the table, dad was the best chef and an even better baker! Our dining room slowly filled with a sweet aroma, following with our dad coming out with dishes of food in his hands.
  "Bon appetite!" He said setting down the plates.
  "Thank you for the food."
  "It smells Yummy!"
   He smiled and walked back into the kitchen, later coming out with his food and drinks. We ate a chicken roast with assorted vegetables, Dad sadly couldn't join us for dinner.
   "Whos ready for dessert?" Pa asked us after we cleared our plates, we both shook our heads looking forward to his treats. He brang out a raspberry pie with whipped cream on top. My mouth began to water, at the mere sight of that beauty. He handed me and Ana a slice each, she took a bite instantly and her eyes practically lit up the sky.
   "This is the best one yet!" She squealed happily.
   "Thats lovely to hear hun." Pa replied with a winning smile.
   I took a bite of my own, and boy was it good. I felt like crying, it really was that tasty.
"This tastes like sunshine," I whispered happily. His gaze softened and it was like I made him feel good about his work.
                           ༄★✰★༄
   Bedtime was the worst part of my day, and it occured everyday. Lana hated thunder, and almost everynight it did exactly that, thunder.
  "Can you sleep with me tonight, sissy? Its scary here. Please?" She asked with fear in her eyes, my sister Lana was only 6 years old, I didn't want to make her feel bad.
  "Ofcourse, Its going to be alright."
  She layed into bed, waiting for me to lay beside her. I am only 1(?) years old, but im rather small for my age so I fit snuggly beside her.
   "Is it ever going to stop raining?"
   "Maybe."
   "Do we have a mama?"
   "Nope, we have 2 papa's. Who are better than most mamas."
   "Is that normal?"
   "Is rain all day everyday normal?"
   "No...?"
   "Then, thats your answer."
   After that she thought quietly to herself as we snuggled. I know having no mum is weird, but that never bothered me. Rain all day everyday isn't normal either, isn't it?
   After sometime my thoughts quited down leading to me drifting to sleep.