Act 6

My plan was to sneak out after dinner. That would be the only time I would be un noticed. Well, nobody notices me anyway.
"Hey!" Yelled Pa. He was now home.
I practically ran down the stairs, into his arms in the matter of seconds.
"Pa! Your home!" I smiled, feeling my Pa's warmth.
To my surprise Lana didn't come down, she always came down.
"Hey, Lu. Wheres Lana?" Pa asked, hugging me back. I dug my face into his chest, I dug my face into a place of understanding, a place of comfort.
"Lu?"
I looked up, "Well. Lana is in her room."
"Is she ok?"
I let go, "I-I don't know."
He looked at me, now with a worried expression plastered on his face.
I blinked, twice. Then again, and again. Faster each time. Maybe if I blinked fast enough this whole nightmare would disappear.
My Pa put his hand on my shoulder, "Lu. Stop."
So I did exactly that. I stopped. I had so much to say, to ask, but I didn't. I stayed shut, like a locked bird cage.
"I'm going to make dinner-"
"Oh- um, "I looked at my Pa's coat, "Ok."
After the coast was clear, I diged into his pockets. I found candy, and only candy.
Soon after Dad came home.
"Hey Lu, what are you doing?" Dad asked, catching me digging into Pa's pockets.
I stopped, and looked back at him. "Oh- um hey dad."
He picked me up, I went soaring into the sky! My dad was pretty tall. After some walking he set me down on a stool, his art stool.
"Do you want to paint something?"
I looked at the blank canvas infront of me, I had no ideas of what to paint. "Um- sure. But right now I have no ideas." I replied after some time.
He set a pallet full of colors infront of me,"Its ok to have art block. Just look at the colors, and ideas will flow into your head."
I picked up a brush and stared at the colors. Red, yellow, orange, green, blue, purple, pink, white, brown, and black. All these colors and I still couldn't think of something, so I dipped my brush into black.
One brush stroke, turned into another, and another. And then without thinking about it, a whole picture apeared onto the canvas.
"See, it worked," My dad said patting me on the shoulder.
In responce I stared at the monster before me. Then it clicked. I knew what it was.
"Dad! I know what it is!"
"Thats wonderful, hun."
"Can I explain it?"
"Sure, Lu."
"So I think this creature is suppose to actual repersent-," before I could finish Pa yelled to us, "Come down its dinner time!" We both looked at eachother, Iguess this would have to wait.
--------------------☆🜸᯾------------------
We all sat at the dinner table, as usual.
"So, um, Lu." Pa asked, "Whats up with Lana?"
I looked at her and back at him, "I told you already. I don't know!"
Everyone stared at me blankly, I never spoke against my parents. I never yelled, its just today. Maybe im sick?
"Oh, um. Well Pa I'm fine. Its just today is going to thunder." Lana said, taking a sip of juice.
"Thats good to hear," replied Pa.
I ate in silence, clenching my fist under the table. I wanted to say something, but nothing came out.
"Sis, are you going to sleep with me again?"
"Oh- Lana you need to.... No."
Dad looked at me, "do you want to explain, why?"
I coocked my head to the side, I had not idea what be meant.
"Why not sissy?" Lana asked, breaking the silence.
I got it now, they wanted me to play mum. They wanted me to be the mother, and the daughter. But I don't want too, I don't want to be apart of this game of house. Not anymore.
"Its because, I-I... I don't want too! Not anymore! I want to sleep on my own bed, by myself. I don't want to be some little kids pillow!"
Pa stood up, "This isn't up for discussion! If Lu doesn't want to, she doesn't have to." Then he sat back down.
Soon after that, the dinner ended.