Chapter 18

Okay!! Im back and I've decided, you, YN, are going to be a deer/doe/fawn!! Not a fox, not whatever else I've said, I've decided you're a deer. Sorry for any and all confusion!! You guys have inspired me to keep going, so I will! :)
Bear with me, it is currently 5:23 am.
_________________

YN ; "Yeah, hey Charlie, uh..I don't have any trust exercises unfortunately, but I do have a question or so."

Charlie : "Oh! Oh! Oh! I love questions, go ahead YN! Ask away, I'll help with whatever I can!"

YN ; "well, do people of hell or..uh..sinners, gain powers of sorts when they get to hell? I ask because I either teleported orrrr I'm going insane, which, is just as likely, all things considered."

Charlie softly giggled at your lay comment before happily perking up and replying with ;

Charlie : "Oh! Yes, of course! When mortal souls come to hell from earth, they do tend to gain abilities of sorts! There's an entire ranking system, depending on what abilities you have and how strong you are could make you an overlord! You said you teleported? Is there anything else you can do? Or that you've noticed?"

You paused to think, your left deer ear twitching in thought.

YN ; "hmm..anything else I've noticed huh? Well, I've noticed that whenever I'm irritated electronics around me tend to glitch out. Whether it be radio, tv, smartphone...etc, so..I'm thinking maybe something electricity related?"

Charlie hummed in thought, grabbing a notepad and starting to write this down. She tapped a pen against her desk as she thought.

Charlie : "Well, that's definitely a rare ability. Sure you have demons who can control radio, like Alastor, or demons who can control TVs, like vox..but being able to manipulate ANY electronic is pretty rare, I've only seen one other demon who was able to, that was...until Alastor killed him for messing with his radios..heheh..umm..moving on!"

You chuckled a bit awkwardly and thought
'Yeah, sounds like typical Alastor.'

YN ; "Rare huh..so there's teleportation, and electronic manipulation that I can do..how many abilities is the common?"

Charlie seemed to genuinely enjoy answering your questions, smiling brighter with every new curiosity of yours.

Charlie : "Well, the normal range is 1-3 abilities, some have more, some have less..i don't know really what decides it, maybe my dad? I dunno for sure!"

YN ; "Hm..one to three huh? I'll keep that in mind. Thank you Charlie! You're always such a darling"

You smiled, your ears raising up as you hear the door behind you open. Vaggie, Charlie's other half, walked in, seeing you and giving a small wave. You waved back and decided to call it a day, as you had found out what you needed to, you said goodbye to Charlie and left, instead of taking the elevator you..opted for the stairs, trying to avoid anymore awkward interactions with anyone, especially Alastor. You made it to your floor relatively quickly without harm
(or awkwardness). You struggled with the doorknob, it seemed to be jammed shut. You groaned in irritation before mumbling to yourself.

YN ; "Greaattt, just my luck! Oh and let me guess Alastor's behind me too isn't he-"

you started to joke, before the sound of an amused hum came from behind you, making you jump in place and spin around in shock, only to see Alastor calmly standing behind you.

Alastor : "Why, hello my dear, you seem to either have very good hearing, or very good intuition."

You stared at him for a solid 10 seconds trying to think of a response.

YN ; "Well, see, I WAS joking, but here you are! Geez..how long were you silently going to stand behind me for?"

Alastor gave an amused, albeit staticky, chuckle.

Alastor ; "So intuition it is then, hmm. Interesting. I'll be sure to keep that in mind. So my dear, I see you seem to be having some trouble with the door. May I offer my humble assistance?"

You peered suspiciously at the demon, why would he want to help you? What does he get out of it?? Alastor seemed to notice your hesitation and simply took out a credit card, sliding it between the door and the doorframe, easily wiggling it a bit and popping the door open with ease. It was..extremely disturbing to know just how easily he could get into your room.

YN ; "...I don't know whether I'm more concerned or impressed that you can do that. Mind my language, but what the fuck?"

Alastor merely gave you his signature grin, waved goodbye, and disappeared into a shadowy like form on the floor. You stared silently at where he was once standing before deciding you were too damn tired for this and just heading into your room to sleep.