Chapter 17: CHAMPION OF THE SPORTS FESTIVAL

The scene shows Arc and Todoroki in Recovery Girl's office getting patched up from their injuries and discussing what went down. Cynthia was with them to check up on them.

Recovery Girl: I finished patching them up. Todoroki's left arm was a bit strained along with some broken ribs, but he'll be alright. Farron had the most injuries with some frostbite and right leg had sustained some burns, but he'll be alright.

Cynthia: Good.

Todoroki: ...

Arcturus: So, when's the next round?

Cythina: Not for a little while. You both basically destroyed the arena, so they're working on repairs. But seriously, both of you could've killed each other from that attack. What were you planning?

Arcturus: I wanted to help. (To Todoroki) You gonna be okay?

Todoroki: (after a moment) I haven't abandoned anything. My feelings aren't so easily reversed. (Thinks back to the match) That whole time, all I thought was my father whenever I used my flames. Instead... Out there...For that one moment... I forgot all about him. Whether that's good or bad, whether that's the right thing to do, I don't know. Maybe I don't need him.

Arcturus: (smiles) I can't force you to make a choice, but if you ask me, that sounds like a good idea. And hey, if you need a hand, don't hesitate to reach out. It's what friends do.

Todoroki: (shocked) Friends?

Arcturus: Yep! Even if we're rivals during this or in general, it doesn't mean we don't have to be friends.

Todoroki blinks a bit in confusion, but soon has a small smile and the two fist bump.

Todoroki: You're a strange person, but thank you.

Cynthia: That's how Arc's always been. But for future reference, try not to do any big attacks in something as simple as the festival. You're both lucky not to have sustained serious injuries.

Recovery Girl: I wish I could say the same with Midoriya.

All the sudden, the door bursts open with Wanda, Izuku, Ochaco, Iida, Mina, Shuri, and Robbie.

Wanda/Izuku/Ochaco/Mina: Arc!

Iida/Shuri/Robbie/: Todoroki!

Arcturus: Hey, guys.

Ochaco: Are you two okay?

Arcturus: Right as rain!

Izuku: That was crazy! It's a miracle you're both okay.

Arcturus: You're one to talk. You and Robbie nearly blew everything up, too.

Robbie: Did you two seriously took a page from our match in that?

Todoroki: I'd say Farron did. Though it wasn't one I expected.

Shuri: Those two matches were the most intense fights I've seen so far. Hopefully we don't have every match trying to follow up like that.

Wanda: I'll take notes on that.

Mina: You could've at least dodge more, Arc.

Recovery Girl: You're much too noisy. I know you're all worried, but I've got to give them a final check over and then they're good to go. Please go back to your booth and wait for them there.

They leave and Cynthia takes one more look at her son and at Todorok.

Cynthia's Thoughts: Even if it wasn't your business, you went out of your way to help your friend. That's the kind of thing Richard and Claire would do, as well.