Chapter 22: AFTERMATH

The scene starts at a hospital where the boys were recovering from each of the injuries they sustained. The most they had were a lot of bandages and Iida's arms in slings. Robbie was the only one who didn't get badly injured, but thankfully, none of them had broken bones.

Todoroki: Did you sleep, Midoriya?

Izuku: No, not really.

Todoroki: I figured. Me neither.

Arcturus: Same. Did you, Robbie?

Robbie: No, my quirk was in a frenzy for not fully taking down Stain myself that I felt like my head was gonna explode.

Iida: ...

Izuku: Thinking about that fight now, we did something pretty amazing.

Todoroki: Yeah, I agree.

Arcturus: After everything that happened back there, it's a miracle we survived not just fighting Stain, but an actual Sentinel.

Izuku: With my leg messed up, I was an easy target. He probably could've killed me if he really wanted to.

Arcturus: And he had me in his grasp, but chose to wait on killing me.

Todoroki: Seems to me he let us live on purpose. I'm impressed by you though, Iida. He was actually trying to murder you, but you stood tall.

Iida: That's not true. I was—

Before he could speak more, the door opens and they see Gran Torino, Manual, and Shadow entering.

Gran Torino: Oh, so the injured youngins are awake.

Izuku: Gran Torino!

Arcturus: Shadow.

Iida: And Manual, too.

Gran Torino: (to Arc and Izuku) Idiots. I could yell at you both for hours right now.

Izuku: Yeah, I'm sorry.

Arcturus: We both are.

Gran Torino: But before I do, you've got a visitor.

Someone else then enters the room and they see it was a man with a dog's head.

Gran Torino: This is Hosu's chief of police

Gran Torino: This is Hosu's chief of police. Kenji Tsuragamae.

Izuku: Tsuragamae? The- The Chief?

The boys begin to stand up but the Chief stops them.

Kenji: No, please, stay seated, woof.

Arc and Izuku: (thoughts) "Woof"?

Kenji: So, you're the UA students who brought down the Hero Killer and defeated a Sentinel, huh?

Robbie: Yeah. What happened to that guy, anyway?

Kenji: Stain has some serious injuries. Severe burns and several broken bones. Right now he's in the hospital under strict guard, woof. Here's a lesson you should have already learned. When quirks became the norm, the police force sought to maintain the status quo. They decided we wouldn't use quirks as weapons. That's when heroes came in. They could do what we couldn't, if they were licensed, of course, woof. It would be impossible for the police to condone the use of deadly quirks. After all, we're here to stop such harm from being done. The only reason pros can use their powers now is because of the strict code of ethics that the early heroes chose to abide by. That's why it's against the law for uncertified people to use their quirks to cause injury. Whether you wear up against the Hero Killer or not, none of you had the authority to harm the villain. That means the five of you, and your supervisors—Shadow, Endeavor, Manual, Blaze, and Gran Torino—should receive harsh punishments for this gross abuse of your powers.