Sick leave

Request by @Dragonwolf0409

About two weeks after the final battle with the exorcists, everyone was ready to move on to the next chapter and challenge they would have to face with the hotel and redemption.

Unfortunately, Y/N found himself battling yet another foe: the flu. As if recovering from his injuries—missing an arm and an eye—wasn't challenging enough, the onset of the flu added another layer of discomfort to his already weary body.

His throat was raw, his head throbbed with each passing moment, anything he ate or drank came back up, and his body ached as if he had been trampled. Even the simplest tasks felt like insurmountable obstacles.

In his shared room at the hotel, Y/N laid beneath the covers, his brow furrowed in discomfort as he drifted in and out of restless sleep.

Y/N curled up into a tight ball, his body racked with coughs that wracked his frame. Each cough seemed to reverberate through him, shaking him to his core and leaving him feeling even more drained and exhausted than before.

Y/N weakly smiled as Charlie and Vaggie entered the room, their concerned expressions immediately evident.

Charlie: Hey? How are you? You ok?

Y/N: Well...You know that scene in X-Men, where Logan is getting his adamantium and it's just pure agony? That sounds much better compared to this.

Charlie: Aww, I'm sorry that your not feeling good.

Vaggie reached out to adjust his pillow, trying to make him a little more comfortable.

Vaggie: Is there anything specific you need or want that might make you feel a bit better?

Y/N: Maybe just some more blankets and... could you play some of those old cartoon playlists? It might help distract me a bit.

Charlie turned on the TV and turned on Y/N's classic cartoons.

Steamboat Willie
The Band Concert
The Three Little Pigs
Baseball Bugs
Rabbit Fire
How to Swim
How to Be a Sailor
Goofy Gymnastics
Lonesome Ghosts

Charlie and Vaggie stepped out of the room.

Charlie: I just hate seeing him like this, you know? He's been through so much already with everything that happened.

Vaggie: I know, Charlie. It's tough. But he's strong. He just needs some time to recover.

Charlie: I guess you're right. I just wish there was more we could do for him.

Vaggie: We're doing everything we can, Charlie. Just being here for him means a lot.

Charlie: Ya. Your right. So, should we tell him about the... you know, the important news?

Vaggie: I think we should wait until he's feeling better. He's not in the best shape right now, and I don't want to overwhelm him.

Charlie: Yeah, you're right.

Angel Dust: Hey! You two got a package.

Angel Dusts voice was heard from the lobby. Charlie and Vaggie went to see what he was talking about.

Sure enough, there was a box for them. It was from Velvette, and there was a note from Velvette to them.

"Hey. Sorry I haven't been by to see my boyfriend while he's sick. Things have been crazy lately at Vee Tower. But, I sent a little something so you girls could entertain him~."

Charlie: Well, we should at least try them on.

/////

Later