SIX.

I turn my head just in time to see Caius run out of the room with his vampiric speed, the door shutting on its own behind him. Suddenly, I feel a set of cold arms wrap around me from behind. I feel the sparks from his clothed touch as I look down at Marcus, so I instantly know the arms belong to Aro.

"Bambina, your noises, your voice is enough to drive us to insanity. Caius is only upset because he wants you so badly" Aro whispers in my ear as his lips remain just centimeters away from touching my skin.

Chills run down my spine as I shudder in his arms. Marcus stands up in front of me and wraps his arms around me as well, right above Aro's. He leans down and presses his lips softly against my neck, right below my ear,  immediately making my knees weak. They must notice this as they both smirk and tighten their grip on me. Marcus continues trailing featherlight kisses down my neck before halting directly over my thumping pulse. He presses his soft lips over it and sucks gently on the skin as a quiet whimper escapes my lips against my will. Before anything else can happen, the door to the office opens quickly.

"Aro, my beloved?" I hear the voice of a woman calling out.

How dare she call him that. Woah, hold on, why am I jealous? Stupid fucking mate bond!

I instantly feel Aro release me and back away as the woman comes into the room. Marcus releases my neck with a low growl directed at the newcomer, his blackened eyes staring into mine briefly before reluctantly turning his gaze to her. The beautiful dark-haired lady smiles widely as she sees Aro and swiftly wraps her arms around him in a loving motion. 

I can't help it as a protective growl escapes my lips. Her head cocks over to my direction as she looks at me before looking up at Marcus, who still has me in his arms.

"Who is she?" she asks before turning back to Aro.

I speak before he can answer "I could ask the same about you".

She smiles coldly before speaking "I'm Sulpicia, Aro's wife. I was just coming to see my husband and Caius because his wife and I haven't been spoken to in a long time. We were getting worried that something terrible happened".

I scoff as I look over at Aro, his face ridden with guilt.

"Oh, so you have wives? Lovely for telling me. I should have known this was all some sort of sick game for your enjoyment, now wonder Caius doesn't want to be near me. You can drop the mate bullshit and let him know he doesn't have to pretend either. I don't know why I caught feelings for you so quick, but I should have known it wasn't from some stupid bond. When you decide it's time to execute your prisoners, you know where I'll be" I state coldly before shoving myself out of Marcus's arms and walking from the room.

Before I left fully, I noticed the look of shock on the woman's face. Did she not know? So much for caring about me when you can't tell anyone I'm yours, if I even am. I can't help but wonder why she hadn't mentioned Marcus' wife, he must have one right? I mean the last I heard, they're supposed to be thousands of years old. There's no way he doesn't have one, especially given how handsome he is.

I shake my head in defeat as I feel my eyes pool up with tears. Of course no one would love me, I should have known. I feel the wind blow by me as I suddenly run into a cold, hard object. Fuck, great job Skyla, now you're running into walls too? I curse under my breath and look up into the eyes of Marcus Volturi.

I've never seen someone's eyes filled with more grief than his hold right now. He reaches for me but I back away from him quickly.

"Skyla please, let me explain. Please don't punish me for my brothers' foolishness, I don't have a wife like them" he informs me softly while practically begging.