SEVEN.

"What?" I manage to spit out through my shocked state.

"Tesoro, your mate bonds are fading. Please don't give up on us. I know my brothers have made mistakes but let me explain for them and I'm sure they'll apologize soon" he pleads softly while giving his own set of puppy eyes.

The corners of my lips raise slightly as I nod for him to continue.

"You see, Aro and Caius have been with their wives for a few hundred years. I found my mate in Aro's sister, Didyme. She had the power to make those around her happy which helped even Caius feel more at home here. Unfortunately, she was killed a long time ago. Her death brought me great sadness and I didn't think it would ever become better. That is, until I met you. I was given you as a second chance mate and I won't let my arrogant brothers take that away from me. Their wives are not their mates. They haven't had feelings for them for many years, but they needed someone to be in the status of queen so that the Volturi would appear as powerful as possible. The wives have been locked up in a tower here in the castle, only seeing the kings once in a while to ensure they're still living. I'm not sure how Sulpicia convinced the guards to release her again but I'm sure they won't be here for long anyways" he explains slowly while I take in the information.

Without putting much thought into my words, I quickly reply "I'm really sorry for your loss. I'm confused though, so they don't want them more than me? I mean, I would understand if they would since I'm just a human and I'm really nothing special it's just that I-".

He cuts me off with a slight smirk as he stacks the books neatly on the table, "You're jealous and worried, I know Tesoro. You may still be human but you're special in our eyes and forever will be. You're our world now, our whole hearts, our entire meaning for existence. I can assure you, they do not want those women more than they want you. In fact, Caius just told his wife to get out and provided her with signed divorce papers. He's been rampaging throughout the castle and breaking everything. The guards are getting a little scared if we're being honest". 

"But why? It surely doesn't seem like he cares about me. Our first interaction was anything but perfect, I'm sure anyone could tell", I tell him truthfully.

"He cares about you more than he's ever cared for anyone, which is why he's upset. Caius just doesn't know how to show emotions like everyone else, he's not used to feeling this way for someone. The reason he's being so aggressive is because he is scared to lose you. He knows you're human and he's scared that something is going to happen to you because you're not immortal. He wanted to push away the bond and pretend it wasn't there so he wouldn't worry as much but all he's been doing is weakening it and causing himself pain. Now that it's been done, he doesn't know how to fix things with you, so he's just left with his pain and guilt. The bond is just barely yellow now, it's far gone after your argument earlier. You need to speak to him about it, even if it's just a short conversation or physical interaction" he informs me sternly.

I nod slowly and pinch the bridge of my nose as my head pulses with pain.

A yawn slips through my lips before I return to speaking, "Can I maybe do it tomorrow? I'm exhausted from all the new information".

He nods and lifts me from my chair as I grab my notebooks. He speed-runs me to my room before balancing me on my feet carefully. I giggle and kiss his chin before walking into my room.

"Goodnight Marcus", I say softly before closing the door behind me.

I press my back to the door and clutch my notebooks harder. Fuck, why must I feel this way for him. Do I l-love him? Ew Skyla, shut up, that word is nasty. I slip my notebooks into my nightstand and crawl into bed, cuddling my blankets as thoughts of Marcus Volturi danced in my head. I smile as the familiar darkness engulfs me.