𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐 : 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐑𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐨'𝐬

˗ˏˋ꒰👓꒱

.˗ˏˋ꒰👓꒱

As the summer at Camp Idontwannabang came to an end, anticipation filled the air as campers eagerly awaited the return of their phones, a gateway back to the world beyond the campgrounds. 

Milo's heart raced with excitement as she finally held her phone in her hands again, fingers itching to check the notifications that had accumulated during her digital detox.

Scrolling through her texts, Milo's eyes widened as she spotted one from her dad with a message that read, "Can't pick you up."

 A wave of disappointment washed over her, accompanied by a hint of anxiety as she glanced around the bustling campsite, searching for a solution.

Spotting Stephanie engrossed in her own phone, Milo made her way over, her footsteps quickening with determination. 

"Steph," she called out, her voice tinged with urgency, drawing her girlfriend's attention away from the screen. 

Milo deftly tucked her phone into the pocket of her shorts before sauntering over to where Steph stood. "What's up, M?" Steph greeted her with a warm smile, her attention shifting away from her phone as she powered it off.

"Do you think I could get a ride with you? My dad can't pick me up," Milo asked, her words carrying a sense of urgency. Stephanie's smile widened with reassurance. 

"Of course, My dad won't mind," she replied, her tone filled with warmth and understanding.

Within moments, Stephanie's dad pulled up in his Cadillac, and the two girls made their way over to the waiting vehicle. 

Stephanie greeted her dad with a cheerful "Hey, dad," before slipping into the backseat and stowing her bag on the floor.

"Hi, Mr. Lauter," Milo greeted Stephanie's dad respectfully as she settled into the car, placing her own bag beside her. 

Solomon Lauter turned around in the passenger seat to acknowledge Milo. "Stephanie," he said with a nod before addressing Milo. 

"You need a ride home, I'm guessing?" he inquired, to which Milo nodded gratefully.

"Yes, please. You can drop me off at Miss Retro's," Milo informed him, referring to her destination.

 Solomon exchanged a glance with Miss Tessburger, the driver, who nodded in acknowledgment before setting off towards their destination,

.˗ˏˋ꒰👓꒱

As the Cadillac rolled to a stop in front of Miss Retro's diner, Milo reached down to retrieve her bag from the floor of the car.