𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟰 : 𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢'𝐬

˗ˏˋ꒰ 👓 ꒱

˗ˏˋ꒰ 👓 ꒱

Milo's footsteps echoed in the hallway of Hatchetfield High as she made her way to her locker, her mind already occupied with the day ahead. 

Suddenly, she heard her name called, and she turned to see Harper Jägerman rushing over to her.

"Hey, Harp," Milo greeted with a smile, adjusting her grip on her books as she listened to Harper's question.

"Where were you after school yesterday?" Harper inquired, her curiosity evident. Milo paused, considering her response before answering.

"My dad wanted me home right after school," she explained, a hint of frustration coloring her tone.

"Oh, okay! Anyways, yesterday I was in the library after school and I heard Peter Spankoffski on the phone with Steph," Harper continued, her voice lowering as if sharing a secret.

Milo's eyes widened in surprise at the revelation. "Wait, really?" she asked, her interest piqued. Harper nodded in confirmation.

"Yeah! I heard Peter say something about Pasqualli's," Harper revealed, causing Milo to furrow her brow in confusion.

"Pasqualli's?" she echoed, seeking clarification. Harper nodded once again.

"Okay, I'm gonna go find Steph," Milo declared, determination shining in her eyes as she closed her locker door and set off down the hallway,

˗ˏˋ꒰ 👓 ꒱

Steph leaned against her locker, engaged in conversation with Stacy and Brenda, the two cheerleaders of Hatchetfield High. 

The topic at hand was Milo's apparent lack of communication.

"She didn't come see me after school yesterday" Steph lamented to her friends, her frustration evident in her voice. Brenda wasted no time in sharing her opinion.

"I told you this before, Steph. Milo isn't good for you," Brenda asserted, her tone firm as she reiterated her concerns. Steph met Brenda's gaze, rolling her eyes in response.

"Her dad is really strict," Steph interjected, hoping to offer some context for Milo's behavior. Closing her locker, she attempted to shift the conversation. "Anyways," she said, trying to change the subject.

But Brenda and Stacy seemed preoccupied with thoughts of the upcoming big game. "You have to see the new cheer. So fab," Stacy enthused, her excitement palpable. 

Steph shook her head, not in the mood for cheerleading talk.

"Not right now, Stace," Steph replied, her attention drawn to Richie and Ruth Fleming nearby. With a determined stride, she approached them.

"Hey! Uh... Dweeb!" Steph called out to Richie and Ruth, hoping to catch their attention. The two turned to her, curiosity evident in their expressions.

"Yeah?" they responded in unison, awaiting Steph's inquiry. She glanced around briefly before addressing them.

"Either of you seen Pete around?" Steph inquired, her voice tinged with urgency. Pete's absence had raised suspicions, especially since he never missed a gathering at Pasqualli's.

"Why? Looking to kick him while he's down?" Richie quipped, his tone laced with sarcasm. Steph's brow furrowed at the accusation.

"Yeah, you got all our hopes up, temptress," Ruth chimed in, her words sharp as she joined in the verbal assault.

"I don't know what you're talking about..." Steph retorted, her confusion evident as she defended herself against their accusations.

"Come on. You lured him right into the lion's den. We thought you were waifu material, but you're just a bully," Richie accused, his words stinging with disdain.

"Yeah. And we're gonna find new objects of our sexual desires, and then you'll be sorry!" Ruth added.

Milo strode down the bustling hallway, her gaze fixated on Steph, who was engaged in conversation with Richie and Ruth. 

Determination fueled her steps as she made her way over to them.

"Steph," Milo called out to her girlfriend, her voice cutting through the chatter of the hallway. 

Steph turned around at the sound of Milo's voice, her expression softening at the sight of her.

"Milo," Steph greeted, a hint of curiosity in her tone as she walked over to meet Milo halfway.

 As they came face to face, Steph wasted no time in addressing her question.

"Why didn't you come see me after school yesterday?" Steph inquired, her concern evident in her voice. Milo met her gaze, her own expression thoughtful as she considered her response.

"I got in trouble last night for being late to my Human Physiology class," Milo explained, a tinge of frustration coloring her words. Steph nodded in understanding, sympathy crossing her features.

"Why did someone tell me you were calling Peter Spankoffski about Pasqualli's?" Milo asked, her brow furrowing in confusion. Steph took a moment to gather her thoughts before responding.

"He was gonna help me study since I got my phone taken away because of my grades. But he never showed up," Steph clarified, her explanation sincere as she met Milo's gaze.

"Okay," Milo replied, her voice softening with understanding as she offered Steph a reassuring smile. 

˗ˏˋ꒰ 👓 ꒱