𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏 : 𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐜𝐞

˗ˏˋ꒰ 🪓 ꒱

˗ˏˋ꒰ 🪓 ꒱

Milo walked into the theatre and stood near the back, taking in the scene. "Ruth, we need to refocus that light centerstage. You think you can handle it?" Miss Mulberry asked Ruth as she started to head backstage.

"I guess. Gotta do everything around here," Ruth replied, making her way to the stage. 

She then noticed Milo at the back and motioned for her to come down. 

"Milo," Ruth called out.

Milo pushed herself off the wall and walked down to the stage. "It looks good so far," she told Ruth, who smiled.

"Thanks," Ruth said, still smiling as she climbed up on the stage. "Whoa. So this is what it's like, huh? To be in the spotlight instead of the booth. Betcha I could do it. Betcha I could. At least as well as Caitlyn! I could act. If it weren't for my anxiety. And my greasy skin. And my rainforest pits! Ugh! In my dreams, I'm the star of the show. In my dreams, it's my barbecue..."

Ruth began performing her monologue as Milo sat down in the audience. "No, I haven't seen your grill brush, Maury! Uh, yes, I brushed my hair this morning, can't you tell? Oh, don't leave me with the meat, Maury! Medium wha–how can something be medium AND well, Maury?? Ugh, Maury... I turned 40 today. To me."

Just then, a voice came from the back of the theatre. "Boo! Boo!!! BOOO!!!"

Milo and Ruth looked toward the back of the theatre. "Huh? Who's watching me?" Ruth called out, trying to identify the source of the voice.

"You fucking suck, Flem-wad!" the voice said, growing closer.

Milo looked over her shoulder, trying to see who it was. 

Ruth's face contorted with anxiety. "My no, anxiety! I'm gonna hurl!!!"

Ruth stepped closer to the edge of the stage, trying to gather herself. "What's the matter, Ruth? Having a little... stage fright?" The voice came into the light, revealing Max Jägerman.

"Ahh! Max... Jägerman?! Ah... ah... ah... " Ruth stammered, backing away from the edge of the stage.

"I believe your next line is: 'AHHHHH!!!'" Max said, smirking as he looked over at the audience, locking eyes with Milo

Then he looked right back at Ruth, and the lights turned off.

"Uhh... I can't see! Somebody, help!!!" Ruth said, her voice trembling in the darkness.