𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖 : 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐉ä𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧

˗ˏˋ꒰ 👓 ꒱

˗ˏˋ꒰ 👓 ꒱

Milo sat on her couch, the familiar hum of the television filling the room.

 "This is Hatchetfield Action News with Dan & Donna!" The announcer's voice echoed through the living room, and Milo's attention shifted to the screen. 

Dan and Donna appeared, discussing the ongoing mystery surrounding Maxwell Jägerman's disappearance.

 "It's been two weeks since the disappearance of local football star, Maxwell Jägerman, and the teen's whereabouts still remain a mystery," Donna reported solemnly, her voice carrying a weight of concern. Dan interjected with a report from Mayor Solomon Lauter, who assured the community of his commitment to the Hatchetfield Nighthawks. 

Milo listened intently as Mayor Lauter's words filled the room, a mixture of determination and reassurance. As the segment concluded, Milo turned off the TV, her thoughts lingering on the unsettling news.

"Come on, I'm driving you to school," Wilbur announced, interrupting Milo's contemplation.

 She turned to face him, a hint of surprise in her expression. "Why? You never drive me to school," she remarked, puzzled by her father's sudden offer.

"Just come on, Milo," Wilbur grumbled, tossing the TV remote on the couch before heading out to his car. Milo sighed, grabbing her bag from the floor and following him outside. 

She reached the car where Wilbur was already seated in the driver's seat. 

Silently, she opened the passenger door and settled into the seat beside him.

As Wilbur started the car and began to drive toward the high school, the atmosphere inside the vehicle remained tense. 

The silence between them was thick, the only sound the hum of the engine and the occasional sigh from Milo.

After what felt like an eternity, Wilbur finally broke the silence. "Are you going to the game tonight?" he asked abruptly, his eyes fixed on the road ahead.

Milo's response was nonchalant. "Maybe. Why?" she questioned her dad, her tone guarded.

Wilbur's grip tightened on the steering wheel, his frustration evident. "Just wondering. Let me know if you are," he replied curtly, his voice tinged with annoyance.

As the car pulled up to Hatchetfield High, Wilbur glanced at Milo, silently signaling for her to get out. 

Milo wordlessly grabbed her bag from the floor, opening the car door and stepping out onto the pavement.