𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕 : 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐟𝐞𝐰 𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐤𝐬

˗ˏˋ꒰👓꒱

.˗ˏˋ꒰👓꒱

In the aftermath of Max's passing, Milo's been on a bit of an avoidance streak, steering clear of everyone in the group except for Steph.

Milo was at her locker, neatly stowing away her books when Asher's voice echoed down the hallway.

 "Hey M!" he called out, approaching her locker. "Hey Asher," Milo greeted, turning to face him with a faint smile. 

"Have you seen Max?" Asher inquired of Milo as he approached her at the locker.

 Asher's question about Max caught her off guard, and she paused before responding. "Nope, haven't seen him. Maybe he's with Jason and Kyle," she replied, her tone tinged with uncertainty.

 Asher nodded in acknowledgment. "Alright, if you see him, let me know," he said with a friendly smile before walking away. 

"Yup," Milo replied softly, watching him disappear around the corner. Once Asher was out of sight, she couldn't help but release a heavy sigh.

Milo began to leave the school, her hands tucked into the pockets of her shorts. But as she passed by a table, she noticed the group sitting there.

 "Milo!" Richie exclaimed, sitting up as they all turned their attention to her.

 Harper was the first to speak up, asking where she had been. 

Ignoring the question, Milo looked around cautiously before speaking.

 "Guys, I can't keep Max's death a secret anymore," she confessed. 

Pete's eyes widened with concern. "Why? What happened?" he inquired. 

Milo turned to face him. "Asher asked me where Max was," she explained. 

The group exchanged glances before turning back to Milo. "What did you tell him?" Margo pressed. 

Milo sighed. "I had to lie to him. I told him that Max was probably with Jason and Kyle," she revealed, taking a seat next to Harper at the table.

"Guys, let's relax. Next week is the big game. Maybe after the big game, they'll all forget about Max going missing," Harper suggested to the group, who nodded in agreement except for Pete. Milo looked at everyone incredulously.

 "You guys care about the big game?!" she exclaimed, rising to her feet. "We're dealing with Max Jägerman's death here! And all you care about is the big game?!" Milo's voice was soft but filled with frustration as she shook her head and stormed off.