𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓 : 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐧

˗ˏˋ꒰👓꒱

.˗ˏˋ꒰👓꒱

The four of them entered the boys' bathroom, their footsteps echoing against the tiled floor. "Pete? Are you in here?" Steph's voice rang out, filled with concern. 

Behind her, Richie followed closely, his eyebrows raised in disapproval. "Steph, this is the boys' bathroom!" he exclaimed, a hint of exasperation in his tone.

Steph turned around to face Richie, her expression unyielding. "Grow up," she shot back, her words firm. Meanwhile, Ruth took in the surroundings with wide eyes.

 "Wow. These toilets aren't even in stalls. You all just watch each other pee?! Oh, it's better than I ever imagined!" she exclaimed, her excitement evident as she twirled around.

Milo glanced at Ruth briefly, then shifted her gaze to Steph, who was now standing beside Pete. 

Pete had a black eye and held his glasses in his hand. "Oh my god... Pete. What did he do to you?" Steph's voice quivered with concern as she approached Pete.

Pete met Steph's gaze with a smirk. "What? This? You should see the other guy. I think he bruised his knuckles on my face," he joked, trying to lighten the mood.

 Steph reached out and placed a comforting hand on Pete's shoulder, a silent gesture of support.

"Come on. You can't stay in the bathroom all day," Steph urged gently, her voice tinged with worry. Pete shook his head, determination evident in his eyes.

 "I'm not. Just during lunch, passing periods, and any times I might run into Max Jagerman," he replied, his tone resolute.

Steph released her grip on Pete's shoulder, her determination evident in her expression. "That is such bullshit. I'm not gonna let him get away with this," she declared, her voice tinged with defiance.

Pete chuckled in response, shaking his head. "Steph, the more you get involved, the worse things are gonna be for me. It's like I said... I'm not allowed to talk to you," he explained, a resigned tone in his voice.

Rolling her eyes, Steph scoffed. "Who does Max think he is? My dad?! What a fucking psycho! No. I'm sorry, Pete. I'm going to the principal with this," she declared, determination flashing in her eyes as she turned to leave with Milo.

But before they could make their exit, Richie intercepted them with a smirk. "Ha! This is Max Jägerman. The quarterback of the Hatchetfield Nighthawks. If you think the principal cares more about us," he scoffed, his tone dismissive.