Part 10

You regain consciousness, and find yourself sitting offscreen in the Mii Plaza. Your memory is a bit fuzzy, so you try to find Eteled so he can tell you what happened. 

"Eteled?" You ask. "Where are you? What happened?" 

"I threw a bowling ball at you because you tried to kiss me." Eteled responds. "Don't do that."

"Fine." You mumble. You still have a bit of a headache, probably because of being hit in the head with a bowling ball. You can remember the moment at this point, though it is a bit foggy. You got a bit too confident, and Eteled put you in your place. Reasonably so, you decide. "I'm sorry."

"You, of all people, should know 'sorry' doesn't always cut it." Eteled responds. "But considering I did murder you a little over a month ago, I'll let it slide. Just don't do it again."

"Good... because I don't think it'll be easy, if it's even possible, to make up for killing me." You say. "I guess it's fine though."

"Well, want to play bowling?" Eteled asks.

"Heck no. Absolutely not. I'd rather not be anywhere near you and a bowling ball at the same time." You say. "I'd trust you with an axe about the same as I'd trust you with a bowling ball."

"How about... tennis?" Eteled asks.

"Sure. Not like you can hurt me with that." You agree. "Let's go. Best out of 3?"

"Let's do it." Eteled picks up his racket, then picks up another racket and gives it to you.

"Thanks." You say, holding up the racket. You and Eteled walk to opposite sides of the court. You decide to not try anything this time. Maybe, if you make him comfortable with you, everything will work out naturally. Plus, you'll consider this a date, just so you're satisfied with it all.

You and Eteled stare at each other for a second, then both lock eyes on the ball. You're serving first. You throw the ball in the air and hit it into the corner of the court, trying to catch Eteled off-guard. He's unfazed, and dashes right to the ball, hitting it to the corner of the court on your side, opposite where you were standing. It bounces, then goes off-court and bounces again. You can't get to it in time. 

"Nice one." You say. Your serve again, since you lost. You hit the ball as hard as you can towards the ground on the other side of the court. Eteled sees this as an opportunity, hitting the ball as hard as he can, back in the same way. You hit the ball back.

The ball goes back and forth a few times until Eteled messes up. He throws his racket on the ground in rage, then picks it back up to serve. 

His serve is so good you can't even register what's happened before you get a point.

The game goes on, and after all 3 games, Eteled had beaten you.

"Good game, (y/n)." Eteled says. "I haven't quite mastered tennis yet, but I'll get to the point of winning easily soon enough."

"Good luck with that." You respond.

You walk back offscreen to think about what happened. A completely normal game with Eteled.

Will this get you into the friend zone, or will this get you what you really want? You're not sure. You drift off into a daydream, thinking about what could possibly come from this.