Part 18

"Eteled?" You ask. "What are you doing?"

Eteled briskly paces around the Mii Channel, staring down at his feet. He doesn't respond.

"Eteled!" You yell. "Well? Snap out of it!"

Eteled stops, facing away from you. "I'm turning the Wii on."

"Sam's not gonna like that." You say. "She's trying to sleep, you know."

"I don't care, (y/n)!" Eteled proceeds to manually turn on the Wii.

A few seconds passed before the Wii turned off.

Eteled turned it on again. Sam turned it off again. They went back and forth for a bit before Sam finally gave up.

Sam stared at the static on her TV screen. It finally cleared, allowing Sam to see Eteled waiting for her in the Mii channel.

"Sam?" Eteled looked at her, a bit anxiously. "I heard you talking to Kyle."

"Eteled, I'm not going to let him do anything to you, okay?" Sam said, tired and sounding a bit dazed.

"Well good!" Eteled shouted. "Because at the end of the day, he's the murderer!" You hold back your laughter. Sure, Kyle's the murderer and he isn't... says the axe murderer.

"Eteled, how were you able to hear me?" Sam questioned.

"I can hear everything that happens outside the Wii, whether it's on or off." Eteled explained.

"So you can just hear everything, whenever you want?" Sam questioned more, slightly annoyed.

"It's not whenever I want! I don't have a choice!" Eteled retorted. "I always hear everything that happens outside of the Wii. Always."

"Eteled, I just want to go to sleep." Sam said.

"All right." Eteled said. "All I'm saying is, Do not. Let. Kyle. Do. ANYTHING. Understand?"

"Yes, I understand." Sam agreed. "Can I sleep now?"

Then, you turned off the camera.

"(y/n), what the heck!" Eteled yelled. 

"Shut up." You growled back. "Or else."

"Eteled?" Sam asked.

You speak up. "Oh, I wish that Eteled was deleted... I miss doing all the stuff I did to him."

"What are you talking abou—" You slap your hand over Eteled's mouth.

"Who are you?!" Sam interrogated. Suddenly, she seemed much more awake than before.

"Someone that needs to complete a procedure that has been postponed again and again." You vaguely explain. Eteled tries to get your sharp-fingered hands off of him, but you keep a firm grip on him.

"What do you mean?" Sam demanded. 

"Electricity can cure a lot of things, especially when it goes straight to the head!" You claim. 

Maybe the corruptions related to not being a part of the Wii's code are really getting to your head.

"What do you mean?" Sam asked again. She's really persistent.

"Henry wasn't the only one to become a Mii..." You reveal. Eteled tries even harder to regain his ability to speak to Sam, wanting to stop you from revealing so much. He's annoyed you would reveal his name was Henry.

I turned off the Wii. Sam didn't turn it back on, probably because it was late and she still just wanted to sleep.

"Respectfully... what the heck, man?!" Eteled yelled at you. "We agreed not to reveal my name or your existence, and you just did both at once? After all my effort? After all of the quickly thought up cover stories I had to create just for your sake?"

"I'm sorry... but you don't feel the same way I feel." You explain. "About this whole situation. About—"

"You're going to do all of this just because you're mad I don't like you?" Eteled says.

"Yep." You answer.

Eteled then stares you directly into your eyes, which makes you think about when you stared into his eyes in the server room. Eteled stares for a second before responding. "Well then, how do you know I haven't been lying this whole time because I was too anxious to tell you the truth?"