Chapter 4

Geoff was waiting for me as were the other members of my security. Derek was there which concerned me. He asked if I could scan the entire city to find any weak spots. So I got to decent height and used xray vision along with echolocation. There were weak spots near city hall and under the rail tracks that lead to Moonstone. I explained what I saw and the train was temporarily discontinued. He called city hall and they acted immediately. I saw construction crew rolled up their sleeves and went to work.

I was invited to QQ. The most expensive restaurant in the city. It would take a year to book a table. So to be invited was an honor. I arrived at the venue. The head chef Matt was waiting for me at the door. He took me to the VIP section. I sat where his famous cheese cave is. It is a set of coolers that had the most expensive types of cheese in the city. I happily ate as he served me delights one by one. He served me eighteen courses. I complimented his genius cooking skills. My security gave him a round of applause. When it was time to pay the bill head chef stepped forward to ease his anxiety.

He asked me about the border and I told him about the repairs being done. Also the next round of attacks from the creators of the zombie apocalypse. He was curious about what these new ones were like. I told him that they looked like their faces were melted and reshaped to look ugly. They let out a foul smelling liquid. He asked if any got through. I reassured him by saying that they were diverted to a ditch where they were burned. No one was hurt. I did say his brother Aaron said hello. The head chef asked when Aaron would come here. I said that I am having him transferred as my bodyguard since a few of my guards were being repurposed to serve Abe. This was news to the others. They called to confirm it. The chef thanked me and went back to work.

A few days later five of my wolves were sent to Central. Five wolves were sent from Excalibur. They came in werewolf form. Only because the humans tried to sneak in to find out where I live. They changed on the train after the they arrived. They didn't want to scare Geoff. The first thing I did when they arrived is to make sure they called their families to give them a piece of mind. The first thing their families did was say they are pleased to hear from them. Then the yelling commenced. Apologizes flew around and they told their families where they were.

Being my bodyguard is an upgrade or a promotion. So they were pleased to hear that. They were told where they were so they can visit when possible. When the calls ended I did an assessment of their skills. Their sense of smell was not up to par. Their reflexes were very good. I decided to start from scratch and help them hone their abilities. They have seen Eska and Kiska so they knew they were in good hands. The first lesson was to be able to smell like a werewolf without changing. This took a full month for them to learn.

Their families came to see how they were doing. Some of them stuck their heads in to see what I look like. I was sitting on the old piano playing a piece. The twins were sitting next to me. Batou was by the window admiring the view. Geoff came with a decanter filled with blood. The twins drank from it and Batou smiled as he took a glass and absentmindedly drank from it.

I finished playing when Geoff arrived with an invitation. It was to an art gallery. I told him that I am not going. He gave me the next invitation. It was from a restaurant. I was bored so I told him that I rather stay at home.  Geoff was annoyed to hear that. He insisted that I spent some time outside. The twins waved him off saying that they will keep me company. I asked the men to follow Geoff to find out why he wants me out of the penthouse.

It turns out he is spying on me on Ute's orders. He was reporting to her every little thing he had noticed. So he was sent back to Central. I got a new butler name Fitz. He was efficient and knew when to mind his own business. The new ones were warned not to tell the newbies where I was. This made them laugh since practically everyone said that to them. It was then that they introduced themselves to me. I already knew Aaron which surprised him. I said that I remembered the day I rescued him from the burning helix along with his family. He introduced himself that day. He blushed lightly. The next to try to introduce themselves was a young woman. I interrupted her by blurting out her name Charlene. She was surprised to hear that I knew her name as well. The other were Boxer and Foster. They were shocked to as well. I said that I never forget a name. They didn't need to know who I was.

Fitz came with an invitation to QQ again. So I said yes. We went there that night and the head chef was there to greet me. He took me to my designated seat. I asked him to turn around. He was surprised at my request but indulged me never the less. He was surprised to see his brother. The two hugged each other and I sat to enjoy my dinner. I was served an extraordinary twenty course meal. I gave him a round of applause at the end. The man tried to introduce himself only to have his brother cover his mouth saying, "She didn't forget when we introduced ourselves the day she rescued us." I winked, "Hello Matt" His knees buckled and Aaron's eyes turned a wrinkled as though he was angry. But he took deep breath and stored it for later.

Oleg noticed and so Roland. They waited till we were in the car to push his buttons. Roland  started, "Some was a seeing red when the princess winked. Jealous are we?" Aaron said nothing. Oleg tapped Roland as though to say it was his turn, "Aaron was an angry young man when Sasha here winked at Aaron's brother like he was a baby. I think he is madly in love with Sasha" Aaron's grip on the steering wheel tighten. Oleg started to sing, "Aaron and Sasha sitting on tree. K.I.S.S.I.N.G" "SHUT THE HELL UP YOU TWO" Aaron yelled rudely. I laughed, "I am surrounded by children. One day I will upgrade to men." Aaron's expression was of surprise. He calmed himself down till he turned to the main road. I asked that he take the first right turn I was to stay at the Gocheung Geonmul.

Oleg reminded me that is it the most expensive hotel in the city. He said it would be better off I stayed in Claire DeLune. It was better. I said I wanted to stay there to inspect the property. The building needs an inspection because I suspect there is some sort illegal activity going on. Immediately Derek was contacted and we drove to the hotel. The manager greeted us at the door and I ratted out who was the traitor with proof. He was sedated and arrested. He was sent away and the manager thanked me for my help. He offered the penthouse suite as thanks. He knew that it was where I was housed in every hotel. I was escorted upstairs. I had wait outside while the bodyguards inspected the place. A masseuse came in to take care of me. I asked the men to go to the gym and work out any frustrations since being tense will get them in trouble. So blow off some steam. Throw a few punches and take a shower and meet me in an hour. After the masseuse the butler of the hotel drew me a bubble bath. As I soaked the aromatic bubbly warm waters I extended my senses to see that Aaron was fighting Oleg. He was ruthless and Oleg was beating him with relative ease.