Mandate

JAKE

It had been two days since... the shower incident.

Jake : Fine! Fucking be that way!

I was screaming down the phone at Devon. He was just being a cunt.

Devon : I can't fucking talk to you when you're being like this!

Jake : Then don't!

I hung up. I thought we were past this point in our relationship. Guess not.

He posted a story on Instagram about cheaters, CLEARLY aimed at me, so I calmly asked him about it.

Jake : ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?!

Yeah, calmly...

Like yes, I did cheat on him, but I was clearly being manipulated! We've had this conversation and he states himself that he forgave me, but I guess fucking not.

Like yeah, he's bound to have some feeling of betrayal still floating around in his mind, but "National Cheaters Day! Post if you've ever been cheated on." ON HIS PUBLIC STORY?!

I'm going out, I don't care where, just somewhere.

I left my house, my parents not being home.

Am I overreacting? I NEED advice.

I take out my phone and open contacts.

Three rings...

Jake : Lexy? Can you please come meet me?

DEVON

Morgan : That sounded... intense.

Devon : He's just being his dramatic self.

Morgan : Well...

He sat next to me.

Morgan : You didn't post that story for no reason, do you wanna talk about it? We can go somewhere if you want.

Devon : Okay. Where do you wanna go?

Morgan : ...have you ever had a Bubblegum Milkshake?

Devon : What is it with you and these randomly flavoured-places?

He chuckled and got up.

Morgan : C'mon.

~~~

MORGAN

Devon : I don't know. I just... I was going through a lot, Lexy had her addiction problems, Nadine was trying to figure out a way to tell Lexy how she felt. My mom hated me, and then she died. He was the ONLY person that I had... and then he did that. It made me question everything, I even had some... 'dark' thoughts. I was scared that I didn't mean as much to him as he did to me.

Morgan : Have you told him all that?

Devon : No, but he should know that anyway.