Organise

LEXY

Nadine : Lex, you know I love you, but your last plan didn't work. What makes you think this one will?

I was planning to invite them both to a party to "blow of steam" and not tell each other that they were coming.

Lexy : This is what happens. At Olivers party, they hated each other and then ended up in love again. At the party Cor-... you know who, took us to, they weren't on speaking terms and they made up.

Nadine : You said the same thing about them being trapped alone together.

Lexy : ...but they'll see how hot they look and realise what they're missing out on.

Nadine : You sound like a Taylor Swift fanatic.

Lexy : Don't dis Taylor. But trust me!

Nadine sighed and pulled me into my bed.

Nadine : Okay, now can we please sleep?

Lexy : Yeah. I love you.

Nadine : I love you too.

~~~

Morning came and with it, motivation.

I reached for my phone.

Lexy : Jake, do you wanna come to a party tonight? I know you're going through a lot with Devon so I thought you needed an opportunity to just forget your problems.

Jake : Fuck it. Whose party?

Lexy : Ben's. You know, the footballer.

Jake : Yh. Just lmk the details.

Lexy : Great!

I opened mine and Devons chats.

Lexy : Devon, do you wanna come to a party tonight? I know you're going through a lot with Jake so I thought you needed an opportunity to just forget your problems.

Devon : You know I love an excuse to get HAMMERED. I'll be there. Just send me everything.

Lexy : Fucking love you. Ofc.

Nadine : And?

I hadn't noticed you were awake.

Lexy : Morning babe.

Nadine : Well, you were staring at your phone with a huge grin so you're either texting other girls... or your "plan" is coming together.

Lexy : Both. Just kidding, you're the only one for me, but it's working!

Nadine : Am I staying sober to take care of you or?..

Lexy : Neither of us are gonna be able to handle them sober. Also, I love you for offering. You don't even drink?

Nadine : It's Jake and Devon, I'm gonna need a drink.

I giggled and kissed her forehead.

Lexy : So... outfit shopping or food?

Nadine : That even a question, you know I love shopping.

Lexy : If you said food I would've made you come shopping with me anyway.

We laughed and got ready.

~~~

Lexy : I feel rich- oh wait, I am.

Nadine : How did you get rich parents TWICE?

Lexy : 'Cause god's my bitch. Now c'mon!

We spent around 3 hours shopping before we went to McDonalds for food.

Nadine : This may be the autism talking, but CHICKEN NUGGETS OVER ANYTHING!

Lexy : Even over me?

Nadine : ...they're pretty good nuggets... OBVIOUSLY NOT!

She placed her hand on mine.

Nadine : I feel bad making you pay all the time.

Lexy : Don't. You're worth every penny.

We ate and got home.

JAKE

I still have the outfit C-... cory bought me. NOT the cat ears. I threw them away STRAIGHT AWAY.

Eurgh, what was I thinking?

I just wanna get off my face. I don't know if alcohol will be enough but I don't wanna be the reason Lexy relapses. I just... wanna feel something that isn't my whole annoying fucking personality! I want to want to be alive, even briefly.

I stepped into the bathroom, looking at what I did to myself last night. Every cut served as a reminder that I'll never be enough for anyone, but too much for everyone.

I opened up the drawers and saw the Benzo's I had stopped taking.

I read the bottle as if I didn't already know what it said.

"Take one every 12 hours."

So I poured 4 onto my hand, in one swift motion taking them dry, I cringed at the taste and feeling before putting the tub back.

I've never mixed alcohol with them, let's see how that goes.

~~~

After aimlessly scrolling through TikTok watching Damon Salvatore edits I get a notification.

Lexy : 141 #########, be there at 9:00ish. Me and Nadine will already be there when you arrive.

I started to type out "Coolio." But deleted it.

Jake : Cool.

Fuck.

I got ready and left to go to the party.

715 words...