Commence

JAKE

He needs to fucking choose! Like right now.

Jake : Devon, come outside. We need to talk.

~~~

I waited outside his house, biting my fingernails until I finally heard the front door open and him stepping out.

Devon : hi...

Jake : I feel like we should walk.

He began walking, attempting to hold my hand but I withdrew it. Yes, I'm mad.

Devon : So?...

Jake : If you wanna break up just tell me! It's so obvious that's what you want so just stop being a pussy and tell me.

Devon : Well if you seem to have what I want all figured out what is the point in this conversation?!

So he does wanna break up?

Jake : WELL THEN TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT?!

Devon : I DON'T KNOW!

Jake : HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW?! DO YOU LOVE ME?

Devon : Yes, I-

Jake : Well then what's the problem?! I love you and you love me, why isn't that enough?

Devon : It is! It's just... complicated.

Jake : Complicated how?!

Devon : WILL YOU LET ME FUCKING TALK?!

Jake : THEN FUCKING SAY SOMETHING!

Devon : I don't know what I want. I do love you but if you want us to keep dating then you have to grow up!

Jake : I told you I'd try!

Devon : Well in order for me to believe something, you have to actually prove it.

Jake : How do I prove it?

Devon : If this conversation had proven anything it's that nothing has changed.

Jake : So you wanna break up? Fucking fine. Great actually!

I stormed back into my house before he got another word out and slammed the door before running to my room and crying.

He doesn't fucking love you.

I stopped crying abruptly, getting up and sniffling. I walked into my bathroom, taking off the oversized hoodie and throwing it back into my room before locking the bathroom door.

I looked into the mirror.

Jake : He doesn't love you.

I reached under the cabinet and pulled out the razor. I closed my eyes, wincing as the blade made contact with my skin. I cut myself, over and over, blood flowing everywhere.

I looked back up to the mirror.

Jake : Nobody could ever fucking love you.

I opened up the cabinet, taking every pill I could find. I swallowed mouth fulls of pills. Eventually the pain subsided. I slid down my bathroom wall, closing my eyes.

Devon : Jake?!

I heard his distant voice call out.

DEVON

I wasn't done talking. I walked home but right before I got in, I wasn't about to let it end like this.

I called Jake but no answer. I left him a voicemail.

Devon : I'm coming over, I don't care if I have to bust down the door because I fucking love you and I still want to be with you.

I walked up to his house, knocking the door and it just opened. I stepped in.

Devon : Jake?!...

No answer.

Devon : Hellooo?

I walked upstairs to his room and he wasn't in there. There was the hoodie he just wore on the ground outside of the bathroom.

Devon : Jake! Let me in. I need to talk to you.

I tried opening the door but it was locked.

Devon : Jake?...

When the only answer I got was my voicemail playing on Jakes phone, I panicked slightly.

Devon : Jake?!... JAKE?!... JAKE OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR!

I started to barge the door with my shoulder but it was no use. It was bolt locked. I decided to horse-kick it and the door snapped off the hinges, opening.

It revealed...

I dashed over to him and called the police.

Devon : PLEASE! PLEASE HE'S GONNA DIE!... what did I do? YOU HAVE TO HELP HIM! PLEASE!

618 words...