Party!... again again?

DEVON (double chapter)

Lexy had told me to be there by 9:30ish. I had just finished getting ready and I left my house, trying not to make noise.

Upon arriving, all I was met with was noise... and a huge modern looking house.

I took out the flask I had full of vodka and took a couple swigs before entering.

I immediately found Lexy and Nadine, talking to... are you fucking kidding me.

I waltzed over and tapped Lexy on the shoulder. Jake had an expression of shock.

Jake and Devon : Why didn't you tell me HE was coming?!

We shot each other a look.

Lexy : Oh look Nadine! It's our favourite song!

They practically ran away from us into the crowd. I looked Jake up and down, recognising his outfit.

Jake scoffed and walked away, god knows where he was going.

I turned the opposite direction and was debating just leaving... but I kind of wanted to stay.

I walked into the kitchen, filling up a sippy cup with basically pure vodka.

??? : Woah? Rough night?

A high-pitched male voice called out to me. He was also alone.

Devon : Rough year.

??? : Well... wanna get into it?

I downed the vodka, ignoring the burn and then refilling my cup with more.

Devon : Not with a stranger.

??? : I'm Elliot, and you are?

Devon : Devon.

Elliot : Well, now we're not strangers, do you wanna go out back? There's a fire.

Devon : Fuck it.

I took his hand and he lead me outside.

We sat on an outdoor sofa next to the fire.

Elliot : Well?

Devon : Where do I start?

Elliot : Anywhere.

My eyes were laser-focussed on the fire.

Devon : Okay... a serial killer was hunting me and my friends, resulting in every single one of our parents being brutally murdered. He followed us place to place and we just couldn't get rid of him. My boyfriend cheated on me with someone who turned out to be the son of said serial killer. We've been kidnapped, tortured, hunted, stalked, attacked without a moment to just be ourselves. Not a single person believed us and we were sent away because people thought that we did it. You're probably just gonna think I'm too drunk and call bullshit anyway. Now, I'm on a break with my boyfriend, who's here by the way so that's just, Awesome! What about you?

He stared at me in complete awe.

Elliot : Nothing quite as... exhilarating. My boyfriend also cheated on me... 4 times... and now I'm in a strangers house because I can't go home because I've been kicked out the house.