Decisions

NO ONE

Nadine's death hit everyone, her funeral was booming with people. She was loved by almost everyone she had ever met. Her death was 5 days ago, and her funeral, 2 days ago.

Her death hit Lexy the hardest.

Lexy : I want moree!

Elliot : Fine fine. You know, you shouldn't fuck with this stuff.

Lexy : Says you, you have powder all over your nose.

Elliot laughed.

Yes, she relapsed... and it's gotten even worse. She'll take anything she can get. She's desperate to feel.

Jake and Devon hadn't spoken since that night... at least not in person. Last night Jake texted Devon "If you don't make a decision by tomorrow, I will for you. You can't keep stringing me along."

So now Devon had a ticking time-bomb strapped to his relationship. Devon still didn't know what he wanted.

Jake had nearly overdosed twice since Nadine died. All the guilt from all of the previous deaths came rushing back. He didn't tell anyone, he didn't want Nadines death to be about him.

Devon had gotten Elliots snap that night. Elliot seemed to have clocked onto the serial killer killing Nadine. Devon felt shameful for talking to other boys. Despite him and Jake being on a break, he still felt obligated to Jake in some way.

No one had heard from Denis, no one had gone looking. They assumed that he had succeeded in one of his many suicide attempts. It was easier for them to believe that than be guilty for not reaching out. He was a living reminder of Cory, and not a single one of them wanted to revisit that.

He was actually alive and well... actually, he was just alive. He spent most of his days sleeping. The brief hours where he wasn't in bed was spent on his new found Pinger addiction.

He had made a friend, well... he found someone. Someone nearly as fucked up as him mentally. He sought comfort in the fact that they both didn't want to be here, but he could go through that with someone else. Every time they met, they ended up on immeasurable amounts of drugs.

Denis couldn't seem to figure out why he hadn't overdosed. He tried not to question the fabrication of his and Cory's relationship.

He always thought if he was gonna die... he wanted his final moments spent off his face, completely unaware of reality. He didn't view himself as a person anymore. His personality was completely void. He didn't look, feel or think like himself.

He felt resentment towards himself. He felt resentment towards Cory. He felt resentment towards the group for just ignoring his existence. They had each other... what did he have?

A family that he couldn't even recognise half the time? An un-dying self-hatred? All he knew he had was drugs. And that was all he wanted.

They were the only thing that brought him comfort; that brought him anything. He felt like an empty house. A shell without a turtle. An echo of screaming voice.

You may find that depressing... but that's the reality of his life. One day, he was so high off Coke, Ket and Pills that he texted Lexy. He didn't get a reply. All the text said was "O Nerd Hwop." He couldn't remember what he was trying to say and frankly he didn't care.

Drugs used to be romantic in a way, for him at least. Now they're used to keep him from killing himself. Every time he gets high, he feels his death creeping closer, but that was his idea of being hopeful.

(Denis is too real. Not even gonna begin to explain because I can't have Child Protective Services knocking down my door again but... I kinda love being a raging Junkie?)

633 words...