˚010.

*ੈ✩‧₊˚ *

*ੈ✩‧₊˚ *

010.

~ Eren

6 years earlier.

"I need you to take care of her for me." The man spoke, staring at me as I sipped on my drink across from him. "Take care? Is something going to happen?" I questioned, giving a concerned look. He stammered, clearly hesitant to answer. "Well, Eren, i'm going on a trip... and I don't know if i'll make it out." My heart stopped for a moment and all I could do was stare back at the man in front of me with a blank expression. "What do you mean you don't know if you'll make it?" I stood up abruptly, slightly startling the man in front of me.

"I can't say much. But you now what I do, and you know it's not always safe. Im sorry, son." He then stood up himself, and walked over to my side. I turned so I could be able to face him. "Eren. I'm trusting you. Take care of my baby for me if anything happens to me. I'm going to give you this. When you both are old enough, give it to her for me." He handed me a small velvet gift before patting me on the head. I swallowed hard as I opened it, revealing what was inside. "Haruto, you can't be serious." I looked up at him.

"If you don't want to, you don't have to. I know you both are still young. But, I'm asking you because I trust you, you're like a son to me, Eren." He put a hand on my shoulder, reassuring me. I thought for a moment before straightening out my posture and looking up at the man, "I'll do it." Was all I said, beaming him a big, reassuring smile.