CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT

Janine Martin

Janine Martin

Soren left to go meet HM Smythe. Jensen and I also left the dispensary. Jensen proceeded to go look for the Head boy and Head girl to talk to them. I went to class to pick up my bag. I found Eloise in class talking to Siobhan and Janine.

"Addie, what do you think about what HM Smythe said?" Janine asked. I am disappointed but I didn't expect anything better from him after what I have been through because of his leadership.

"Larissa and Patrick are the best head prefects we've ever had in this school," she said. Imagine they are facing expulsion because of standing up against bullying in Riverview academy.

"Larissa is my friend, I need to go talk to her," Siobhan said and left. "Your brother is the G.O.A.T for slapping Raven," Janine said.

Both Eloise and I looked at her in shock.

"Guys, don't look at me like that," Janine said. If you can't beat them, join them. I was friends with Liz because she vouched for me in front of Kemi, that's all I needed to enter their circle.

My dad taught me to be calculative, there's nothing like friendship and loyalty in the world. Those ideologies are for poor people. If you want to be at the top of your game, you need to make worthy acquaintances. I am friends with Siobhan because I sometimes sleepover at her home, Kemi so as not to get bullied, King because he throws the best parties etc. I am dating Fajir because I overheard his ex Cassie Graves brag that he is a good boyfriend. I stole her boyfriend.

"Why are you friends with me?" Eloise asked.

"You know I can't answer that," she said.

"Did you know that Cassie Graves was a scholarship student?" she asked.

I knew about it. I found out about it from Andrew in January. Her mother is one of the cleaners. Do you remember the rat incident? Kemi blackmailed Cassie into putting the rat in our sauce because she threatened to reveal her secret.

"That is so sad, nobody needs to be ashamed of their upbringing," Eloise said.

"I feel bad for her," Janine said. Imagine seeing your mom clean those awful toilets and see some students laugh at her.

I thought you were going to say that you're sorry that you stole her boyfriend.

"One thing about me is I don't regret," Janine said. You snooze, you lose. Fajir came to me because he saw my value.

Janine was obviously deluded with the way she thinks life is a business deal where you need to scheme to get ahead. She only talks to me because Tendai is her boyfriend's friend. Even if she won't reveal it to Eloise, her intentions for being her friend are purely because she is a class representative.

"Addie, have you talked to Grayson?" Eloise asked. He wanted to talk to you earlier but you were outside with Tendai.

I hope he doesn't assume that me and Tendai are back together.