CHAPTER FORTY TWO

Ned Mckinley

Ned Mckinley

Grayson didn't respond to any of my text messages yesterday after he left Church. I checked my phone once again as soon as I woke up but there was still no response from him. Deep down, I was feeling worried about our relationship status. The last time he had been confronted by Tendai, he ended up in the arms of Uma and the other girls. Was he going to do the same this time around?

Even though I had no texts from Grayson, Eloise had sent me some texts regarding the Prom.

Eloise: Can you believe Prom is only four days away?

Eloise: I'm really looking forward to going with Asa. He's got me feeling so optimistic.

Addie: I know, right? It feels like we've been waiting for this forever.

Eloise is typing...

Eloise: The black and white theme is going to be so elegant. We've already got all the decorations sorted and hired an events company to handle everything.

Eloise is typing...

Eloise: And guess what? Since Wyatt wants it back at school, the prom committee agreed to move the venue back to the school.

Addie: I'm beyond excited for Prom! 🎉🕺💃

I didn't want to ruin Eloise's happiness with my fears of not having a date again because Grayson had bailed. She deserved to be happy!

"Mom, where's dad?" Soren asked.

"His suffering from depression, everything that has happened has taken a toll on his mental health," she said.

Dad needs some help, mom!

"I know, yesterday we talked and he has decided to see a shrink beginning tomorrow," she said. Don't worry about him, he will be fine. Now hurry up or else you will miss the tube.

"I understand Kemi's frustrations, Addie, our dad doesn't love her," Soren told me on the tube. You've heard him say that he's given up on her. He says those words easily about her because he doesn't love or care for her.

Soren, maybe if she had been nicer to us, a part of me would have told dad to care about his daughter but since she's cruel to me. I won't do it.

"Kemi is a girl who wants her father's love, Addie, we need to make dad see this," Soren said.

I am not going to do that Soren!

I refused to talk to Soren for the remainder of the journey to school. How could he expect me to vouch for Kemi in front of our dad. After all that she has put me through!

I found Grayson waiting for me. He was excited to see me. The opposite of what I had expected from him.

"I am so happy to see you," he said.