3

-a month later-
"What do you think of this one?" I ask my mom twirling in the large white dress. It was beautiful but something about it just wasn't me. Maybe the lace. I'm positive it was the lace. "Can we look at another?" I ask the worker who was showing us the dresses.
"Of course!" She smiles and I follow her into the back again.

"Which would you like to try?" She asks holding up two dresses. One was a mermaid style and the other was more ball gown. I've always preferred ball gowns more than mermaid style and this one was gorgeous. I put it on and walk out to show my mom who's mouth dropped when she saw me. When I looked in the mirror I had a similar expression. It was beautiful.

The bottom billowed out in ripples with small jewels catching the light around my with a sash separating the bust from the bottom. The top was a sweet heart neckline embroidered with lace and jewels giving it a slight sparkle and glint as I twirled.

"It's beautiful." It was also in our price range so I decided to order it. "Should we meet up with Rob?" I ask my mom as we head out.
"Sure. I'll call your brother." My brother, Samuel, became the man of the house when dad died and took care of us. I only six at the time he died and he was sixteen. A big age gap, but that didn't matter to us... then. At that time mom couldn't work because of her sickness and Samuel had to work odd jobs around the city. When he was eighteen he was luckily granted a scholarship to Yale and got an internship and sent checks weekly back home to help us along.

By then they offered a cure, but we didn't have enough money to buy it so after three more years Samuel graduated and started his own company and became CEO. It immediately flourished and he paid off our debts and the cure so mom was healthy and we were doing well. Mom works since I moved out and we all support ourselves.

We all met at a nearby restaurant. Not too fast food like and not too fancy. Mom and I got a seat and after a second Rob came by and sat next to me. We ordered drinks and soon Samuel came in and sat next to mom. "Hello, Alese." He nods towards me. "Mom." He hugs her gently before turning to Rob. "I'm Samuel. Alese's brother." They shake hands over the table before Rob introduces himself.

"I'm Robert, but please, call me Rob. I'm Alese's fiancé." He grabs my hand under the table and kisses my cheek softly. I hear my mom awe as I blush and here my brother cough trying to get us to stop. Sometimes I hate Samuel. Collage changed him so much. When we were young we would always play together and he'd drive me wherever when Mom couldn't and we were best friends then collage came around. I was so sad to see him go, but I knew I'd see him again.

The thing is, I almost wish I never did. When he came rough the door I tried hugging him, but he pushed me away. I almost cried since I hadn't seen my best friend for over 4 months and they reject me so basically that year my Christmas sucked and every year after except one where he couldn't come.

He was much more sophisticated and insisted I call him Samuel instead of Sam, like I used to, and I rarely see him. I don't even call him that much either. He's always busy.

"So... Rob? What do you do for work?" Samuel asks Rob as the waiter takes away our empty plates.
"Oh um. I work with YouTube." Rob tells him knowing Samuel will probably disapprove.
"Oh. Interesting." He says blankly before looking over at me. "What about you, Alese?"
"Nothing really. Just whatever I can find." I answer truthfully. Unlike Rob I wasn't afraid of what Samuel thought of me. He was my brother and sooner or later he'd have to accept it.

"You're always welcome a spot in my business." He comments making my heart beat faster. His workplace? It's in New York! I can't leave Rob and mom.
"Oh. I don't think I can do that." I shake my head hoping he'd drop the subject, but he doesn't.

"Trust me. You'd love working there. Plus New York is beautiful and I'd pay you well." He urges but I continue to shake my head. Not matter what I couldn't take the job. It would be too overwhelming for me.
"I really just can't. Leaving mom and Rob would be too much for me." I tell him making sure to put mom first since she'd probably get mad if I didn't.

"Okay. But please maybe just think about it?" I sigh and nod knowing I probably won't ever take it. I mean New York is so far from Montreal. Not really but I didn't want to have to travel to and from New York.

Soon we got home after arguing with my brother for at least ten minutes and convinced him to at least split the bill. "Y- you aren't actually going to take the job right?" Rob asks me once we walk in. His voice sounded scarred so I hugged him quickly kissing him lightly on the lips.

"Of course. I'd never leave you." I comfort him and we both smile at each other

Little did I know, soon he'd leave me.

A/N
THE BOMB WILL BE DROPPED NEXT CHAPTER JUST BTW GET READY FOR A FEELS BREAKER
nah idk if it'll actually be a feels breaker but just get yer butts ready this'll be one hectic ride y'all
(Idek)