6

Now I'm a warrior
Now I've got thicker skin
I'm a warrior
I'm stronger than I've ever been
-Demi Lavato

Warning: very cliché

"Ugh." Liv mutters holding her head up with her hand. "What the fuck happened last night?" She asks obviously in hangover.

"Shh." I scold her for cursing at work. Samuel never liked cussing much. Apparently he's fired people for cussing but he wouldn't Fire Liv if I begged him to let her keep her job, but I don't want to push my advantages.

"Whatever, mom." She rolls her eyes playfully. "Mat texted me today. He wanted to meet me at the coffee shop down the street. Please can you go with me? We aren't a thing and I don't want to be so I don't want it to be just me and him." She pleads.

"Fine. But you have to buy my cinnamon roll." She smiles squealing a little thanking me. I didn't mind going at all. I just love cinnamon rolls.

------------------------

I sat in a booth next to the window that could seat four. This was Liv and I's usual spot when we came to get coffee in the mornings every so often. Why wasn't Liv here yet. She said 1:15 right? Maybe not. Oh well I need something to keep me from falling asleep.

I wait in line, behind two people, on my phone texting Liv. Hopefully she'll be here soon. The bell above the door rings signaling more people were coming in. I start to look up seeing if it was Liv, but here loud obnoxious laughs and I immediately lower my head. Usually laughs like those belong to teenage boys who try to hit on me when I'm around four years older and not interested.

After the person in front of me leaves I approach the counter and the barista gives me a warm smile. "What can I get for you today ma'am?" She asks in a high perky voice.

"Can I get a vanilla bean frappe with a cinna-"

"Alise?" Someone says behind me. I turn around seeing Mat.
"Uh hi." I mumble quickly before turning back to the barista completing my order. She gets my stuff and hands it to me before I pay and thank her going to my booth expecting Mat to come over., which he does. Of course.

"Where Liv?" He asks sitting across from me. Nice to see you two. Instead of saying that aloud I just shrug taking a sip of my coffee. "I hope you don't mind if I invited a friend too. You'll like him." He smirks and I nod pretending to look busy on my phone even though I wasn't.

After awhile the door bell rings again and I look up seeing Liv smile walking over to us. She sits next to me smiling like a freckin maniac. Ohh. She met someone she actually likes.

"I talked to this guy. He said he's coming this way soon to get coffee." She whispers to me when Mat kept his eye on the door probably looking for his friend. I nod resting my hands on the table examining them. Damn I need a manicure.

The bell rings again and I see Liv have a mini heart attack. She must've already fallen head over heels for him. "Aye Rob nice seeing you bud." Mat says making my heart drop. Rob?

Chills run down my spine at the name. Don't worry Alise. It's probably not that Rob. What are the chances. He could be dead and I wouldn't know.

"Oh my gosh he's Mat's friend?!?" She half whispers half yells as Mat gets up to walk to the door to greet his friend. Finally I lift my head seeing the one person who makes my heart beat out of my chest yet I want to strangle. Morbid but true.

"A- Alise?" Rob stumbles as we keep eye contact. He hasn't changed at all, besides a small growing stubble maybe.
"I- I have to go. I'm sorry." I tell Liv walking out of the coffee shop without letting her stop me. Rob kept his eyes on me as I heard the bell ding behind me.

"Taxi!" I yell holding up my hand wanting to go home and cry or break something. A taxi pulls up and I get in telling him the address starting to get my money out before I hear someone call my name.

"Alise! Let me explain!" Rob pants running to up the cab. Why couldn't the cab driver just freckin hurry up.

"There's nothing to explain to me Rob. You broke me heart. Please can we leave?" I ask the cab driver not making contact with Rob who looked hurt. He nods and we drive off leaving Rob with his hands in his coat pocket pain in his eyes.

The pain I experienced 4 years ago.

A/N
I unpublished the playlist do I'm just going to do I like this with the songs in the beginning related to the chapter