8

Now I'm holding on for dear life
There's no way that we could rewind
Maybe there's nothing after midnight
That could make you stay
-5 Seconds of Summer

Note: Rob and Mat are roommates in this

Warning: mentions of death by cancer I'm so sorry if you have lost someone due to the horrible disease and also be wary of the bold text near the end
Sorry about the POV switch

Rob's POV

"I fucked up with her dude." I mutter running a hand through my hair sighing.
"Dude, the past is in the past. Don't let one girl fake over your mind. At least until you marry her."

"That's the thing, Mat. We were going to get married then I become an idiot and we broke up."
"Exactly dude, were as in past tense. You basically just backed me up." May laughs in victory making me roll my eyes.

"Whatever, but still. I think I still love her. I'm pretty sure I know I do." I mumble thinking about all the good times with her. Kissing in the summer rain. Listening to all the sounds she made. It was beautiful. "Just the way, when I was around her, it like was like we easily put the world away. Like we just got disconnected."

"Don't say those three words. Once you do, you sucked into the tornado that will never end."

"I already have Mat. I said them to myself every night as she laid in my arms. Every time I felt her heartbeat. I knew my heart was beating to. I knew my heart was beating for her."

"Aww," Mat cooes sarcastically. "That almost make me want to date. But not enough to." He laughs throwing his head back making me wonder why I agreed to be roommates with this asshole.

"I thought you had a date with Olivia." I say slightly confused.
"Yeah, but I don't like her. I just wanted a date. You know, action." I laugh as he alternates arching his eyebrows.

"You are one sick, horny bastard."

"Thank you, thank you very much."

Alese's POV

"Are you even looking forward to this date?" I asked swinging my legs back and forth as I watched her get ready in my bathroom. She was currently doing her eyeliner.

"You could say that, but you could also say I'm not. When you start dating again, you'll understand." She pulls away from the mirror looking at herself then smiling and putting on lipstick.
"Whatever." I playfully scoff. "I probably won't though. I'm not like you when it comes to dating." I shrug stating the fact.

"That could not be more true." She laughs making me roll my eyes. "What time is it?" She asks and I check my watch.
"6:54." I tell her.
"You know you can just say 6:50 or something like that right?" She asks turning around as she finishes her lipstick.

"Yeah. You could also say 2:23 am, but that doesn't make it right."

--------------------------

"Have fun!" I joke as she rolls her eyes and enters the restaurant. We had walked to the restaurant they were meeting at and I contemplated going back to my apartment but decided to get a coffee since it was right across the street. It seemed quaint titled "Lulu's Coffee House" saying it wasn't a mainstream café or whatever like Starbucks. Hopefully this was better. (Not that I have anything against Starbucks)

I walked in and walked up to the counter which was being taken care of by a guy who looked half asleep. He was probably ready for his shift to end since it was fairly late, and with no one in here, how could you not be. "One mocha and a cinnamon roll please." I order and he simply nods holding back a yawn. As he walks away to get my order I grab my money out and he comes back with a bag and cup in hand. I pay him and thank him going to a small table in the back of the room sitting down taking my bun out of the bag and taking a sip of my hot coffee. It wasn't half bad.

As I scroll through my emails with my phone in my lap I hear the door ring saying someone was coming in. Out of reflex I look up, but quickly look back down hoping the stranger didn't catch me looking up. All I could notice was that it was man and he was rather tall.

I take a small sip of my hot mocha. My ears scream hearing the chair scrape against the floor sounding like wolverine sliding his claws down a chalk board. "Can you not?" I pratically scream. He dragged the chair across the floor for a few minutes for no reason. Was he trying to get killed? By me? I look up, anger flushing through my face seeing Rob with a smirk immediately making me feel like I want to throw up.

"I remember you always hated that." He mumbles pulling out the chair across from me and sitting down.
"Then why the fuck did you do it?" I hiss pissed off by him.
"I need to get your attention." He shrugs. He is such a... never mind.
"A simple tap of the shoulder would've worked, but you just had to kill my ears like that." I scoff looking down at my phone taking a sip. It's probably rude, but with him, I don't care.

"Please just let me explain everything." He pleads making the anger boil through me again.
"What is there for you to explain? You left me Rob. But that's not a bad thing. I learned how to move on and be independent. I've learned things I never would've learned if I was tied down."
"Are you saying I was a burden?!" He shouts angrily almost to sing the chair across the room.

Okay I'm saying this because I care about you guys, but if you are suicidal in any way shape or for, please do not read this next comment. I was not sure how to word it in a good way and this was the best way I could think. Please do not read it for your sake and remember that I love you. I understand you makes not want sympathy or to talk to someone but I am here for you and if you don't want sympathy I won't show any. (BUT I STILL CARE)

"Yes Rob. I'm saying you were weighing me down, but I was also weighing you down. Everyone you love weighs you down. If not then you wouldn't care and probably end up killing yourself."
-
-
-
Okay continue reading <3

"Want me to tell you why I left?? He spits, grimacing.
"Yeah, kinda." I retort rolling my eyes. I've been wondering this damn question for the past three years.
"My mother was dying from cancer. Okay? I didn't want you worrying. That's why I left. I was stupid! I didn't want to come back a mess and have you worrying. I'd rather I be sad and broken than you having to worry about me, okay? I was broken without you and I hear about you everywhere becoming successful in life while I was just a Youtuber who moved in with another Youtuber who is still slowing growing. I can't believe I thought you'd take me back. Just know that when I left you, I was breaking into a million pieces waiting for you to come by and pick them up, but you never came." I never knew his mom had cancer. All I really knew about his family was that his mom and dad were divorced and he had a brother I've never met.

With that, he storms out of the coffee shop slamming the door behind him.

A/N
THAT TOOK SUCH AN UNEXPECTED TURN OMG I EVEN SURPRISED MYSELF

Just know, to people wanting to become writers, you don't have to follow what everyone does like "making an outline" or "getting the main storyline down" you can just have a good concept a few ideas and inspiration pieces and wing it
That is literally what I do I'm not even sure how this will end I never thought about the ending to this until I wrote it so know that you don't have to follow the rules (ON HERE PLEASE FOLLOW FEDERAL LAW OKAY?)