9

Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis
But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
'Cause I'm Mr Brightside
-The Killers

Time skip: 3 months later

Rob's POV
"Mat. Why am I worrying about her? I mean she should be coming to me apologizing! Right? I mean she was the one who blew up with letting me give my side of the story. I mean- ugh! Women confuse me!" I rant.
"Uh huh." Matt mindlessly agrees staring at his phone making me roll my eyes.
"We're you even listening?!"
"Uh huh. Yeah, go on." I scoff at him not paying attention and take his phone seeing he's texting Liv.

"Ohhh. Are you two a thing?" I ask wiggling my eyebrows as he tries to snatch his phone out of my grasp, but he was sitting down and I was standing up so it was fairly easy.
"No. I mean- maybe? Kind of... I'm not sure man!"
"Do you like her?"

"I mean... I don't NOT like her. She's hot man." Mat explains taking his phone out of my hand.
"Come on man. Do you actually like her. Not just like her breasts or anything."
"I mean... yeah. But she's so hard! Like all the girls I've dated were easy. She's just... Not!"
"That just makes her more special man." I pat his back, but he only groans rolling his eyes.

Since Olivia was coming over to our apartment, I leave to give them some privacy. Besides, I needed to do something on my own.

Alese's POV

Olivia left and I was alone. Yes! I plug my phone up into the speaker and play my top song making it blare throughout my apartment. Maybe the neighbors could hear me, I don't care.

I'm coming out of my cage
And I've been doing just fine
Gotta gotta be down
Because I want it all

The music made cleaning up a lot better since my apartment was a complete and utter mess. Right as it ends I hear a knock on the door and I open it. Big mistake. It was Rob. Crap.

Wait. Why hasn't the next started? Oh well I'll work it in a second. "Can we talk?" Rob asks with a pleading look on his face. I sigh knowing I should give him a chance to explain himself calmly.
"Ye-" all of the sudden the next song plays making both of us jump.

I LIKE BIG BUTTS AND I CAN NOT LIE

"You still have this on your playlist?" Rob asks laughing as I race over and change it to another song. I guess that's why I didn't hear it.
"Don't judge me." I mutter closing the door behind him.
"I didn't judge you then. I won't now."

"Thanks." I sigh and we sit on the couch. "Can we- can we just talk about something else? Like how have you been all these years?"
"Fine I guess..." He shrugs with a small sigh. "What about you?"

"Just me being me ya know?"
"Yeah. Yeah, I know." He hangs his head making me gulp knowing he wanted to talk about my mistake.

"Listen Rob," I take a deep breath collecting my thoughts before continuing. "I'm really sorry. About everything you know...." I trail off and he urges me to go on but I can't. It's take everything not to burst into tears right now. "You know I suck at apologies." I sigh running a hand through my hair.

"Yeah." He chuckles taking my hand and giving it a reassuring squeeze. "I remember." His smile makes me smile and it's amazing how much I love this man. Maybe not love, but I'm... overly fond of him. "Alese, you know... I've never forgotten you."

"Of course Rob. I've never forgotten you either. What makes you think I would?"
"No... I mean... I've never stopped.... loving you. I guess." My words get caught at his explanation, and I knew he wasn't joking. Rob was never a guy to joke when it came to love.
"I-" I start to say but he cuts me off.

"Alese, I know and I'm willing to wait. I'm willing to take it slow. I'm willing not even to start anything if that makes you happy. You know that right?" I only sigh and nod.
"Thank you." He smiles and I kiss his cheek making him blush. "Do you want to watch a movie?" I ask grabbing the remote from the coffee table making him giggle and nod as I turn on Netflix.

A/N
THIS WAS SO SHORT IM SORRY BUT NEXT CHAPTER IM GOIGN TO MAKE IT THIRD PERSON SO I DONT HAVE TO CONSTANTLY SWITCH POVS AND IM SORRY
Hopefully I'll update more frequently I'm trying I swear