•4•

Same day

Xiao Zhan pov

As I entered the house, I was pleasantly surprised. I was welcomed by Zhuocheng as well as our mutual friends. It was Ji Li, Xuan Lu, and Meng Ziyi. We've been friends since high school, but after we graduated, we didn't really have any  time to meet up, so it was really nice to see them again.

"Surprised!" They shouted at the same time as I opened the door.
I was so shocked I didn't know what to say at this moment. Zhuocheng walked up to me and pulled my arm to have a seat on the sofa with the rest of our friends.
"Congratulations, Zhan, for getting a job." Ji Li said.
"Thank you, guys." I was still under shock, so these three words were the only thing that I was able to say.
"We wanna know everything. How was that cold-hearted CEO who ended up choosing you." Ziyi asked who looked really interested and waiting for my answer.
"I don't really know." I said the truth.
"Whatever, guys, let's just celebrate Zhan was the one who got chosen." Xuan Lu said.
"Yes, yes, true, let's drink for Zhan," Zhuocheng said excitedly, and he passed the glass for everyone, which contained some type of liquor in it.
"Cheers," everyone said at the same time, and we clinked our glass together

We've been talking for hours about how our life ended up after high school and how I ended up living with Marius.

We checked the time and it was really late. Our friends ended up going home, and Zhuocheng went to take a shower.

I quickly washed the glasses we used and put them down to dry.

"Bathroom is free, go and have a shower too," Zhuocheng said and went to his room after he said good night to me. I said it back and went to take a shower myself.

Wang Yibo pov

I was sitting in the car on the way home while Haikuan drove me home.
"What's wrong, Yibo?" Haikuan looking at me from the front mirror.
"Just thinking." I said.
"About what?" He asked
"Are you still sure we choose the right person for the job?" I said while looking outside the window.
"Don't worry too much, Yibo,  he will be fine."He said
"If you say so." I said while Haikuan parked the car in front of the mansion, and I got out of the car.

I walked inside and went to take a shower straing away.

When I finished and put on my clothes and went to have my dinner, which was ready made by my cook.

I sat down at the table, and Mrs. Lim bring the food over straight away.
"Enjoy your dinner, Mr Wang." Mrs Lim said and walked away.

My parents passed away when I was 12 years old, and since then, Mrs Lim looks after me. She is a very kind lady and I love her as she is my real mother.  She was always there for me, and she never left my side.

I really enjoyed my dinner and after I finished I said good night to Mrs Lim and went to my room.

I was sitting on my bed and scrolling through my phone. When I saw a message from Haikuan.
"Stop worrying about the new guy, and go easy on him. Don't kill him on the first day, " he texted.
I just laughed at his message, and I went to sleep.

The next day was Saturday and I went for a jog to the park near my house.

The sun was already up, and the park was already full of people. Some people were also jogging. Some of them brought their dogs for a morning walk.

After I finished with my jogging, I went to the nearest coffee shop and asked for my usual coffee and sat down by one of the empty tables.

While I was drinking my coffee, a familiar looking person walked in, and I heard the barista voice.
"Zhan! Good morning." As I heard the name, I looked at the person quickly. It was my new employee.

Xiao Zhan pov

I went to my usual jogging and after I finished I went to the coffee shop I used to work before.

As soon as I walked in, Yu Bin welcomed me
"Zhan! Good morning, " He said
"Morning Yu Bin." I answered.
"The usual?" He said, and I nodded.

While I was waiting for my coffee, I sat down, but it was weird this time.
There was only one person who was sitting by another table, he looked familiar but I'm not sure from where. He kinda looks like my new boss, but I'm not sure since he was not in a suit and he was down. It's not like how I saw him yesterday.
"Zhan, your coffee is ready." Yu Bin walked up to me and sat down.
"Yiu should go back behind the counter, of boss sees you, you are done." I said
"Don't worry, he's not here, and also there are no customers, just you and that handsome man by the other table." Ge said, and he continues. "By the way I heard from Zhuocheng, congrats on your new job, He clapped.
"Thank you, Yu Bin." I smile at him
"I have to go back home now, Zhuocheng waiting me home." I said and got up from the chair and walked out from the coffee shop.

Wang Yibo pov.

"Yeah that person was definitely my new assistant. But if he walked in here, he might live around here.." I thought.
"Thank you for the coffee." I said to the barista and left the coffee shop too.
And I went home.

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

Here is an other chapter. Thank you so much for reading my story so far.
Please don't forget to vote, comment and follow.
Thank you