Chapter 8

Anirudh closed the door of study behind him and sat in front of the table.  He picked up a file and started turning the pages absent mindedly .The image of Aadhya keeps on playing in his mind .The shine of her eyes when heard about rasogulla ,the smile on her lips ,the way she opened the pot and how she forwarded the first one towards himself , Her cute antics, her witty replies ,her courage and .... everything , everything. Everything about her reminds him about Bondita .

How could her behaviour has so  much resemblance with  with Bondita's ?

He closes the file and places in on the table, before standing up .The image of his Bondita replaced the image of Aadhya .Her cute antics ,her smile,her laughter, her arguments......

He opens two buttons of his shirt in futile attempt to lessen the heaviness of his chest even though he knows that the burden is not the fabric .Moving his hands in his hair ,he walks towards the table and picked up the water jug with trembling hands and pour the liquid in the glass .He gulps three glasses of water one by one,in hope to lessen the dryness of his throat .

He doesn't want to think . He doesn't want to think.

He doesn't want to think that why Bondita has not tried to contact her ? Why there are  no letters from her ? No phone calls ?
What if she couldn't ?

The image of heeramandi flashes in front of his life making him restless. He angrily throws the glass on the floor .

What if she needed him? What if.....

No.

No .He doesn't want to think .

He paced here and there , moving his hand in his hair and When every attempts failed,he sits on the recliner and closed his eyes , allowing the memories of Bondita to flood his brain .It was the escape mechanism that he has developed so that his brain would not freak about all those horrible possibilities .

Knock knock knock

He sits up with a jerk hearing the knocking for three times in the quite familiar way.

"Bond..." His words died in his throat before he can speak it . He draws a deep breath, pinching the bridge of his nose ." Aadhya...." He called out loudly and the door slowly opens with screeching sound. The ringing sound of of her bangles came,even before her but he doesn't look up at her and forwarded his hand towards the file which was forgotten a few seconds before.

"Kya kaam hai Aadhya?" He flips the file open and starts going through the words

"Kya lunch karne se bhi aapko diabetes hota hai aur daat kharab hote hai" She asked.

"Mujhe bhookh nhi hai" He said without looking up at him.

"Yaha aane se pehle tak to bhukh thi, abhi kyu nhi hai?" She asked.

"Nhi hai to nhi hai,  Aadhya." He shouted, looking up at her ,in somewhat controlled rage .He saw her flinching and looks away .He draws a deep breath to control his anger and speaks in calm voice " Tum jao , Jaa  kar lunch Karo. Hume wapas court bhi Jana hai"

"Bhookh nhi hai to thik hai jyada mat khaiyega.Thora sa chakh lijiyega" She said.

"Jab bhookh nhi hai mujhe to kyu chakhu mai Thora sa bhi?" He looks up at her , with furious eyes.

"Ghar me agar mehman khane per aaye to per pure pariwar ko unke saath khana khana chahiye. Warna Mehman ko bura lag jata hai " She informed him. He cocked up his eyebrows , leans backward and crosses his hand near his chest.

"Kaha hai mehman" He asked looking at him.

"Mai hu na. " She points towards herself " Bhul gaye kya?"