10

"Everything is wrong, but it's alright; you're the only good thing in my life."

I found myself compelled to dedicate not merely a song, but an ode, to you. It wasn't the first melody to charm my senses, but the inaugural one to truly ensnare my heart. The song is all about how someone, a person, a living thing, can make you feel like they can be called home or, in tagalog, 'tahanan.' You made me feel that an exhausting feeling can easily vanish with me in your arms. The warmth of your comforting arms made me feel that these problems will go and just pass by around me. You made me feel that even as these problems are drowning me, there's still someone who will save me. You're a savior. You saved me without knowing. I'm holding a blade, and you sent a message saying you just brought tinapay and how happy you are because of the kids who are dancing 'budotz' outside your house. I was writing a goodbye message when you suddenly asked me if we could go to Greenland. How am I supposed to go with you when I'm not with you anymore at all? You saved me. You made me drop the blade just to reply to you and helped me forget the reason why I'm holding the blade. You saved me, Cal. Amidst life's chaos, your presence remains a comforting constant.