Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten 

Aurora

Yesterday was a long day, made even longer with Jaxen’s intense stares once we finally started working. We spent all afternoon reading the files in an uncomfortable silence. I still cannot believe how much I told him about my life, how open I was about my father. Not to mention how embarrassed I am for crying like that in his arms!

Jaxen and I have this connection, one I never knew was possible, a want need urge to be close to him is drowning my mind in thoughts I’ve never experienced. I do not know how to process them and how to be my normal professional self around him. I just find myself blushing like a teenage girl lost in lust and opening myself to him, everything I have kept to myself for years just seems to flow out when I am with him. Groaning at the thought once more, I hate all these feelings! 

Splashing ice cold water on my face I need to get a grip on these thoughts. I cannot meet him looking like this, he will know something is wrong straight away. He always seems to notice when something is bothering me. I am not used to people noticing me or my emotions. This is all new to me. 

Walking down the stairs Victoria stands at the bottom eyes trained on her phone, great now I must be polite to this bitch!

“Oh, look who it is, I thought you had gotten the message and left already! I was wrong, when will you get it into that head of yours, he is not interested, Aurora!” This woman makes it hard not to bite her head off. The funny thing is I know he is interested more than either of us want to admit. I know she is trying to wind me up. I cannot let her get to me!

“Good morning Victoria, as I have told you before, I have no interest in Mr Silver. We are working on a case together and that is all. Now please stop embarrassing yourself with this pointless conversation.” 

“How dare you speak to me like that? Do you have any idea who I am?!” 

“Look I’ve got to go to work, not all of us can sit around here all day.” That remark brings a deadly glare my way. I cannot help the happiness of annoying her brings to me.

“You will regret this Aurora mark my words!” Smiling, I step off the last step inches away from her face. 

“Victoria!” His voice travels the length of the house hard, sharp and deep; the anger in his tone does not go a miss. Great another day with his intense mood! 

“Jaxen baby, I was just asking your Friend here when she will be leaving and she all but attacked me!” I cannot help the laugh that escapes my parted lips. Ignoring her claims walking straight towards Jaxen who is marching to Victoria, his face full of thunder. 

“Aurora car, now!” His boss voice placed perfectly. I hate how my body grows weak when he says my name. That accent of his drives me crazy. I want to argue with his demanding voice, but my mouth has gone dry, my lips not daring to move. I hate my own body and mind right now. “Victoria I would love to see Aurora, attack you, then Maybe you will get the message and fuck off!” Jaxen shouts in Victoria's face she does not seem bothered by his angry glare or tone. I should leave them to it, and do as Jaxen demanded but I cannot take my eyes off them. His strong hand grips the side of her arm and her expression stays blank. 

“Oh, I will, ‘fuck off’ as you put it when I have what I came for and not a moment sooner!” Jaxen spins her, gripping both her upper arms with some force, he needs to stop he is going to hurt her! I may not like Victoria, but that does not mean I am going to stand here while he hurts her.