Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven
A

urora

Why is this house always so warm in the morning? I really do not want to get up for work today, last night was one I will never forget. From Jaxen’s jealousy to walking down the beach hand in hand, then our heart to heart. A conversation I wish I could shake from my mind.

“Good morning beautiful, is there a time that mind of yours isn’t deep in thought?” He had to ruin a perfect moment by speaking. Once we got home Jaxen refused to leave me on my own. He said a sad soul needs company. He led me to his massive, oversized room and told me to make myself comfortable. That I did. I thought my bed was comfortable, but this one is like a bed of marshmallows! I sank into his bed laid my head on his chest and fell to sleep happier than I have ever felt. Opening my eyes, the sight before me is as heavenly as always. How does he always look so damn hot!

“Good morning handsome. I was just thinking of our night and how perfect it ended.”

“Perfect you say?”

“Everything is perfect when you are involved.”

“Hmm, is that so?”

“Yes! Now if you will excuse me, I need to go back to my own room. I need to shower and get ready for work. I will meet you by the car in half an hour.”

“Not so fast.” Jaxen tightens the arm he has around my side pulling me closer to him. My head inches from his. God, I love his silver eyes.

“Jaxen we can’t be late again.”

“Oh, I’m sorry I thought I was the boss.” The smile spreads on my face, he knows we cannot be late. We have not exactly been on time once since I got here.

“The boss of the company, yes, but you seem to be failing on the time scale recently.”

“That I do and that is because of a beautiful woman. So beautiful I lose all my senses when I am with her.”

“Really, and who is this beautiful woman?”

“Well, she is this amazing strong woman who does not let anyone get in her way when she genuinely wants something. She is perfect inside and out.” Ok I need to get out of this bed!

“She sounds too good to be true.,” Jaxen’s lips are inches away from my own with every word they draw closer. He knows exactly what to do to get his own way. I do not mind being late for work, but if it sets our case back it is not our lives it is affecting. Well, I might lose my job because of it.

“Impossible, a woman as perfect as her is too good to be mine but very much true.” Jaxen closes the gap between use. A small longing kiss and still my insides explode. He thinks I am too good for him. Well, I have never been told that before. “Really even when I am kissing you, you are deep in thought?” How does he know when I am thinking about something?

“I have no idea what you are talking about. I was not thinking about anything. Now can I get ready for work?”

“No. I’m not sure if I am done with you just yet.” The grin on his face is teasing and tempting, but we need to get to work!

“Mr. Silver, do you forget we are due in court in a matter of weeks and must get this defence worked out and run everything through with our client in England. But before we can do any of that we need to get these witness statements and evidence sent over to my boss. Which means we have to do it.”