Siege on Metal City

Tails: All this... for the emerald?!

The gang see the tanks firing at buildings while the jets fly by and drop bombs on random streets. Sonic turns to the others.

Sonic: Tails, Nicole get in the air and stop as many jets as you can.

Tails and Nicole nod and head towards where they left the Tornado.

Sonic: Knuckles, Shadow take care of the tanks and any of the Babylonians as you can.

Shadow: What if those three show up again?

Sonic: We'll try and take care of them the best we can, but right now our first priority is to make sure they don't completely destroy the city.

Knuckles: Alright, we're on it.

Shadow summons his spear.

Shadow: Just don't get in my way.

The two rush off as Sonic turns back and gets into a running position.

Sonic: Alright then, it's juice and jam time.

(Tails and Nicole)

Tails stands on top of the wings of the Tornado as Nicole flies it. Tails pulls down his goggles over his eyes.

Nicole: Do you think we can mitigate any damage.

Tails grips the his fist inside the arm cannon.

Tails: We can only hope and try our best Nicole, otherwise we'll just worry too much about everything.

Nicole: I understand. Get ready, targets closing in.

Tails looks to see a bunch of foot soldiers riding wielding rifles with a couple of jets flying behind them.

Tails: You got the jets?

Nicole: Affirmative.

Tails smirks and starts spinning his tails and jumps off the wings.

Tails: Then I'll take the soldiers!!!

Tails then starts flying in the sky and fires at the soldiers. Nicole does a barrel roll as the jets start firing laser beams at her. Nicole summons a couple of energy balls and two beams of energy fires out and hits the jets while Tails ducks and weaves between foot soldiers and energy blasts as he blasts each enemy. Nicole flies up higher as the two jets fly up from behind and start trying to shoot down the Tornado but Nicole summons a bubble shield to block the incoming shots. Nicole then fires two beams at the jets, hitting them both and causing them to fall to the ground. Tails shoots a couple shots at the soldiers and looks at Nicole and smiles.

Tails: Nice flying Nic-

Tails suddenly feels something hit him from behind. Tails turns and sees Wave riding the Extreme Gear and twirling a high tech wrench in her right hand and a laser rifle in her left. Wave smirks at Tails.

Wave: So, you're the one kept up with Speedy in the air? You don't seem so tough.

Tails scoffs and points his cannon at Wave.

Tails: How about I show you how tough I really am!

Wave raises the rifle at Tails and smiles coldly.

Wave: You better!

(Knuckles and Shadow)

Knuckles jumps into the air and slams down onto a tank. Knuckles punches the barrel and rips it off the top and proceeds to toss it into another tank as a bunch of foot soldiers surge towards Knuckles. Knuckles proceeds to get ready for a brawl when Shadow appears and takes down a couple of soldiers as he tosses his spear into a tank, causing the tank to stop moving.