CHAPTER 14

Jacee's Point of View

"Evan?" I unconsciously asked.

I don't know but bigla na lang lumabas sa bibig ko ang pangalan niya. The guy that I am afraid to talk to, the guy that I'm not ready to speak with. I just pray na merong dumating to interrupt us.

"How are you?" he asked like he's just a casual person in my life, like nothing happened between us.

Or am I assuming na ganon niya ako kausapin cause I'm out of my mind?

"I'm f-"

"Evan, Bro!" someone called him so we both looked at the person who called him. "Oh, there's a girl. I don't see her here in the campus, are you new here?" the boy looked at me habang inakbayan si Evan.

"Oh, I just visit my friends here." I told him.

"Wait... are you the one-" his words were cut off by Evan kasi tinakpan niya ang bibig nito.

"Okay, we have to go. Bye." pagpapaalam niya.

They both go, leaving me surprised. Did I just bumped into someone I don't want to talk with right now? Bago pa ako makalakad pabalik ay nakita ko na sa harapan ko sina Dreya at Cy. They looked worried.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know that he's in the line up." Cy said worriedly.

"It's fine, you don't have to worry guys." I smiled at them to assure them that it is fine.

"Are you sure?" Dreya asked.

"Oo naman, hindi naman palaging maiiwasa ko siya, right?"

"Hays, alam niyo let's go na lang. I know somewhere na makakapagmuni-muni tayo." aya ni Cy.

"You really know many place where it can comfort you 'no?" Dreya asked her while we're walking papunta sa may parking lot.

"Siyempre ako pa." I know that in her point of view, marami siyang gustong sabihin. But knowing her, she's the type of person that is not vocal. She always choses have silent battles and fight it with God. And to be honest, she has a really really strong relationship with God.

While she was driving ay pinatugtog niya yung favorite worship song niya, Sweet Surrender by Awaken Generation. 

"How can you tell if you still love the person?" wala sa sariling tanong ko.

"If you still sees your future with that person." maikling sabi ni Cy.

"Bakit mo natanong? You're confused if you still love him?" tanong sa'kin ni Dreya habang nagfo-phone.

"Yeah," I said as I look outside through the car's window, watching the vehicles moving.