⚡️ Sodo X Rain - Fire or Water?

Also fluff, I probably just wanted to be dramatic lmao

tw: mentions of panic attack (?) and mentions of self harm

<><><><><><><><><><>

Third person pov:

Sodo was standing in the kitchen, leaning over the sink, his head hanging low. He was in really bad pain at the moment, and he had no idea what he could do to help it. He just stared at the wash bowl, looking at his tears dripping down into it. He sobbed quietly, when he suddenly noticed someone coming into the room behind him. Sodo quickly wiped his tears away, trying to look as normal as ever. He turned around and looked at Aether, who only stared back at him with furrowed eyebrows. "Hey Dew, you good?" he asked, and Sodo nodded. "Mhm, I'm fine" he said, trying to make his voice sound as steady as possible. "What are you doing?" Aether continued, and Sodo winced a little as another wave of pain went through his body. "Dew? What the fuck?" Aether asked, his eyes widening a little. "I- It's nothing... I'm fine..." the other answered.

"Are you in pain?" Aether continued, and slowly Sodo began to get annoyed at all the questions. It wasn't the first time this was happening, and every time the small ghoul would get real angry. He couldn't help it though, it was not his fault. He was in the middle of his transition from a water to a fire ghoul, and it caused him a lot of pain. He was sore all the time, and when everyone was just asking him a ton of questions, it quickly got on his nerves.

He gritted his teeth as he glanced at Aether, swallowing hard. "I'm fine" he muttered, standing up a little straighter. "Are you sure? If I can help just tell me. I know you can't do much at the moment but-" "Aether I said I'm fucking fine! I don't need your help. Just leave me the fuck alone" Sodo suddenly growled, and the quintessence ghouls widened before they darkened. "Oh fuck you Dew. You're always so god damn angry at everyone. You were better when you were still a water ghoul" he said, and Sodo's eyes widened. "I liked you better that way" he then continued and the smaller ghoul could feel how tears were brimming in his eyes. He didn't mean to snap and he didn't mean to be angry at Aether, but even if he wanted to, his body didn't let him apologize. 

Aether glared at him for a few seconds before walking out the room, leaving Sodo alone. He could feel a tear running down his cheek, but he only winced again as another wave of pain hit him. He gripped the kitchenette tightly to prevent him from falling. "Shit..." he mumbled, slowly realizing what had happened. He got angry with his best friend, who just told him he doesn't like him anymore. More tears rolled down his cheeks as his mind went hazy. He choked on air and quickly went outside. He headed over to the pond that was near the ministry.

He always liked the pond when he was still a water ghoul, but since a while he hadn't gone there anymore. He felt horrible and hoped the water to calm him down a little. He knew that fire ghouls couldn't touch water, at least not cold water such as the water from the pond, but he wasn't sure if he counted already as a full fire ghoul. So he sat down on the grass and slowly reached his hand out to put it into the water. He was feeling miserable, and only wanted to run away from everything. He didn't want to talk to anyone anymore, too scared he would hurt them as well. He thought that they most likely wouldn't want to talk to him anyways, considering he was such an asshole. He was a better ghoul when he was still a water ghoul. Aether had just told him that.

More tears were flowing down his cheeks as he touched the water, putting his whole hand inside. He felt the pain rush into it, and it was almost feeling like it was burning. It was the same pain he felt when he had touched fire as a water ghoul, only that it was now water that burned him. He still didn't pull his hand out, and left it inside. The pain somehow calmed his nerves. It made him feel a little less horrible, as if he just punished himself.