Chapter 4

Y/n pov

I sat on the couch in the basement. Mike was trying to reach Lucas. We had a plan that once Mom and Dad went to sleep we were going to sneak out and look for Will.

Mike sat himself at the Dungeons and Dragons table still in the same place where they left off.

"Lucas, do you copy? It's Mike. Lucas?" Make repeated. I yawned as I listen to what was going on.

"Hey, it's Lucas" Lucas said as he finally picked up his walkie.

"I know it's you. And say 'over' when your done talking so i know your done" Mike said as he gave the same lecture over and over again. "Over"

"I'm done. Over" Lucas said in a annoyed voice. I let out a small giggle.

"I'm worried about Will. Over" Mike said as his voice got softer.

"Yeah. This is crazy over " Lucas said as he lets out a small sigh.

"Y/n, and I thinking Will could've casted a protection last night, but he didn't. He cast fireball. Over" Mike told him, I sat up and went over to sit next to him to hear better.

"What's your point? Over" Lucas asked him, a little confused.

"Our point is...he could've played it safe, but he didn't. He put himself in danger to help the party. Over" Mike told Lucas our thoughts, after we stormed out of the dining room.

"Meet me in ten. Over and out" Lucas said from the other end.

I smiled. Lucas was one board and no doubt Dustin would be. I smiled at the thought of Dustin and I going out to look for Will together.

Mike closed his Walkie. I went to go grab our shared book bag. I stuffed in everything we needed. Flashlights, batteries, water. Mike grabbed the Bookbag and we snuck out the door and rode our bikes to Lucas.

We rode the bike up a little driveway and I stopped when I saw Steve try to climb through our sister's window. Mike looked pissed over.

He gave us a little wave and I tried to wave back but Mike grabbed my hand and pulled me along to follow after him. I wanted to be nice but then again he is the reason why our sister hates us

...

I rode slowly behind the others. I didn't have the eagerly to keep up with the rest of them. I was super tired lately and I didn't really know why.

"Ah, man. This is it" Lucas said as we slowly down to a sign that said caution. I got a little eerie feeling being here.

The thunder rumbled in the distance and I jumped a little. Dustin turned around and looked at me. I mumbled a sorry.

"Hey, guys. You feel that? I think maybe we should go back" Dustin said in a worried voice.

"No. I'm not going back, just stay close" Mike said as he dragged his bike along. He looked behind him us and saw us not looking. "Come on" He said in a hushed voice.

Lucas shrugged and followed along. I sighed a little and stood with Dustin. I grabbed his hand and squeezed it a little. To my surprise he didn't let it go he just held on tighter.

"Just stay on channel six. Don't do anything stupid" Mike said as Lucas and him went under the tape and kept going.

"Hey, guys, wait up" I said as I pulled Dustin along with me. We crossed under the tape as Lucas and Mike waited for us.

The rain started to come down harder and Mike looked at me then at Dustin and I. I avoided his eye contact as we continued to walk.

The rain came down even harder then before and I put my hood up. It didn't help because my hair was already wet. I stayed close to Mike and Dustin and I didn't let go of Dustin's hand at all.

We yelled Will, our voice turning hoarse in the process. I shivered as it got colder through the night. I wanted to go home and sleep before I caught a cold but this was the right thing to do and that's what kept me going. We have to find will.

"Will!" Mike screamed as we walked farther.

"Byers!" Lucas shouted as well. My throat itches for water and I tried my best to swallow my spit to cool down my throat.

"I've got your X-Men 134!" Dustin shouted. I rolled my eyes because that was going to make Will pop out wherever he was hiding. "Guys, I really think we should turn back."

"Seriously, Dustin?" Lucas asked him as he flashed the flashlight towards him. I blinked my eyes at the sudden light. "You wanna be a baby, then go home already!"

"I'm just being realistic, Lucas!" Dustin yelled. Due to the pouring down rain it was hard for any of us to really speak loud enough for the other to hear even though we were right next to each other.

"No, you're just being a big sissy!" Lucas told him.

"Do you ever think Will went missing because he ran into something bad? And we're going to the exact same spot where he was last seen? And we have no weapons or anything?" Dustin asked us. I went back into the little shell I was in. What if he was right? And what if we were going to end up missing as well.

"Dustin, shut up" Mike said as he noticed me. I let go of Dustin's hand and clung on to Mike. Dustin gave me a sad look.

"I'm just saying, does that seem smart to you?"  Dustin still went on.

"Shut up. Shut up" Mike said. We all heard a rustling sound and if I wasn't close to Mike enough I sure was now. I shut my eyes and prayed for whatever it was to go away.

"Do you guys hear that?" I ask them as I opened my eyes.

More rustling came and the more I crawled into a small ball. And then a branch stamped behind us and we all turned around.

I screamed as I saw a bald girl wearing a huge yellow oversized shirt staring back at us.

"Fucking hell" I mumbled.