Chapter 18

Y/N POV

Max quickly ran to the window with Lucas following her. I went after them watching from afar. A blue car pulled up with rock music blaring from the open windows.

"It's my brother" Max said as my blood went cold. I heard awful stories about him. "He can't know I'm here. He'll kill me. He'll kill us." Max ranted as she looked at Lucas.

Steve said he would handle this one. We all know how this was going to end. We all sat by the window watching. Billy, Max's brother, got out of his car smoking a cigarette.

"Am i dreaming, or is that you, Harrington?" Billy asked as he shut his car door and threw out his cigarette.

"Yeah, it's me. Don't cream your pants" Steve said to him as he walked closer.

"What are you doing here, amigo?" Billy asked Steve as he walked closer to him. I felt scared for Steve. Steve has never won a fight before and now I'm afraid he will get beat up.

"I could ask you the same thing" Steve said as he stopped walking. "Amigo" Steve said, i looked at the ground, that one hurt a little.

"Looking for my step sister. A little birdie told him she was here." Billy said to Steve. Who would have snitched?

"Huh, that's weird. I don't know her" Steve said trying to lie.

"Small? Redhead? Bit of a bitch" Billy asked Steve. I looked over at Max and she rolled her eyes at Billy's comment.

"Doesn't ring a bell. Sorry, buddy" Steve said trying to make Billy go away.

"You know, I don't know, this...this whole situation, Harrington, I don't know. It's giving me the heebie-jeebies." Billy said as he used his hands to talk.

"Oh, yeah? Why's that?" Steve asked Billy.

"My 13 year old sister goes missing all day. And then I find her with you in a strangers house. And you lie to me about it." Billy said, I mean from a stranger looking in it did seem pretty weird.

"Man, you were dripped to much as a child, or what?" Steve asked with a laugh. "I don't know what you don't understand about what I just said. She's not here." Steve said to him. Billy got closer to Steve.

"Then who is that?" Billy asked as he looked towards the window. They both made eye contact with us as we scrammed away from the window.

"Shit! Did he see us?" Dustin asked as we leaned down from the window.

We all got up away from the window. I stood up with Max, there was no way in hell I was going to let her handle this alone.

Billy slammed open the door. "Well, well, well" Billy said as he slammed the door shut, we all backed up away from him. "Lucas Sinclair. What a surprise. I thought I told you to stay away from him, Max." Billy said as he got close to all of us.

"Billy, go away" Max said trying to stand her ground.

"You disobeyed me. You know what happens when you disobey me." Billy said, it seemed really weird listen in on this.

"Billy..." Max said sternly trying to get him to go away. Where the fuck did Steve go?

"I break things" Billy said completely ignoring her. Billy quickly grabbed Lucas and threw him against a Wall.