Chapter 15

Y/n POV

When we opened up the door everyone, I mean everyone was staring at us.

"Abort" Dustin said as he tried to turn around. I pushed him forward. We all went to try to find seats as the principal began talking.

"We come together to heal...we come together to grieve..." He began. I slumped in my seat.

No one really knew Will at all here. They all either laughed or made fun of him and they're acting like they care now that they think he is dead.

"Will was an exceptional student and a wonderful friend to all of us. It's impossible to express the hole his loss will leave in our community. I'd like to introduce you to Sandy Sloane. She's a local grief counselor from the church over in Jonesboro. But before she comes up here, I just want those of you who are having trouble dealing with this tragic loss..." He trailed off as I put my head down.

"Look at these fakers" Mike said as he looked around.

"They probably didn't even know his name till today" I added as I looked around as well. I heard Troy chuckle. "I'm sorry but does he want to not have children in the future?" I asked as I was about to stand up.

Dustin put his hand on mine and pulled me down. "Just ignore him" he whispered in my ear. I wanted to but I couldn't.

"Mouth breather" El said as she looked at him as well. When the bell rang we all got up and left.

But Mike had other ideas. "Hey! Hey! Hey, Troy!" Troy stopped and turned around. When he saw me he took a small step back. "You...you think this is funny?" Mike asked him.

"What'd you say Wheeler?" Troy asked him.

"I saw you guys laughing over there. And I think that's real messed up thing to do." Mike said, I gave him a smile for standing up to Troy.

"Didn't you listen to the counselor, Wheeler?" Troy asked Mike.

"You know, I tried to but you're so fucking loud I couldn't hear shit" I said as I stood right next to my brother.

"Grief shows itself in funny ways" His friend said as he ignored me.

"Besides, what's there to be sad about, anyway? Wills in fairyland now, right?" Troy mocked at us. Now there was a crowd around us and if they kept talking I was going to rip his balls off and make him eat it. "Flying around with all the other little fairies. All happy and gay!" Troy said as he laughed and mocked pretending to be a fairy.

Mike went over and shoved Troy to the ground. I was shocked that Miek would do something like that.

"You're dead, Wheeler!" Troy shouted as he stood up. "Dead!" He started to charge at my brother before he stopped in mid air. Then I saw pee run down his leg.

"Dude, Troy peed himself" I heard a kid shout. I couldn't help but laugh at how embarrassing that was. El whipped her nose and started to all away,

"Hey, what's going on here?" The principal shouted. All the kids around us started to move out of the way.

"Mike, let's go" I said as I dragged him by his hand to get the AV room.

...

When we made it to the AV room it was dark. El said she liked it that way. I turned on the radio and El sat in the middle.

"Now what?" Dustin asked.

"She'll find him" Mike reassured him. I stood next to Dustin rather closely but he didn't mind.

"Right El?" I asked her with a smile.

When static started to come on she closed her eyes. I could tell she was focusing in.

"She's doing it" Mike said. "She's finding him"

"This is crazy" Dustin said

"Calm down she just closed her eyes" Lucas said. The lights started to flicker above and then the flight bulb crashed. I jumped and grabbed Dustin's hand.

On the radio it sounded like a walking sound. Like something big walking. Like in the woods and leaves were crashing under it.

"What is that?" Dustin asked getting scared as well. He squeezed my hand even tighter.

"Mom?" The voice on the radio said. Not just any voice. Wills voice.

"No way" Lucas said. I looked over at him and smiled.

"Mom?" Will said again. I wanted to reach out and grab him. "Mom! Please!"

"Will it's us! Can you hear!" Lucas shouted at the radio.

"We're here!" Dustin shouted, I felt him squeeze my hand.

"Hello? Mom!" will said again. It sounded like he was scared and trapped.

"Why can't he hear us?" Lucas asked getting worried.

"I don't know!" Mike said getting frustrated.

"Mom! It's coming. It's like home. But it's so dark and empty. And it's so cold. Mom? Mom! Mom please!" Will said with the radio.

The radio started to spark and Dustin pulled me back behind him. Then it went up in flames. The sprinkler went in and Dustin let go of my hand and grabbed the extinguisher.

"El are you okay?" I heard Mike ask her. Blood was running down her nose and she looked super tired.

"Can you move?" I asked her. We had to get out of here. She didn't say anything but she looked at us.

"Help her up" Mike said and Lucas grabbed her other arm and we dragged her out of the school room. We had to get away before any teacher sat us. We used a wheel chair and dragged her away. Mike lead the way as kids ran around the halls.

We pushed our way through people until we made it out of the clear. We grabbed our bikes and threw El on the back of Mikes and then we biked away from the building and did not look back. We biked until there was no more air in my lungs.