Chapter 11

Y/n POV

El was on the couch messing with the radio while the rest of us where around the table discussing the new plans.

"We just tell our parents we have an AV club aftero school" Mike says to give ur an excuse to leave the house without any of our parents to worry.

"That would give us enough time for operation Mirkwood" I said proudly.

"You seriously think that the weirdo knows where Will is?" Lucas asked I huffed at the stupid nickname he gave her.

"Just trust us on this, okay?" Mike said to Dustin and Lucas.

"Did you get the supplies?" I asked Lucas who was in charge of that.

"Yeah" He said as he digged in his back and pulled out stuff he had. "Binoculars... from Nam, army knife...also from Nam, hammer, camouflage bandana...and wrist rocket" Lucas said with a big smile.

"You're gonna take out the demogorgon with a slingshot" Dustin asked Lucas.

"First of all, it's a wrist rocket. And second of all, the demogorgans not real. It's made up. But if there is something out there, I'm gonna shoot it in the eye..." Lucas said as he snapped the band of the wrist rocket which made most of us jump. "And blind it"

"Dustin, what did you bring?" I asked as I turned my attention to Dustin as I ignored how where Lucas was.

Dustin took his back bag and dumped out the contents of what was it in. And it was only food. I let out a small laugh at how Lucas brought real weapons while Dustin brought Pringles.

"Well, alrighty. So, we've got... Nutty Bars, Bazooka, Pez, Smarties, Pringles, Nulla Wafters, Apple, banana, and trail mix" Dustin said with his goofy smile.

"Seriously?" Lucas asked him.

"We need energy for our travels. For stamina. And besides, why do we even need weapons anyway? We have her" Dustin said pointing back at all.

"She shut one door" Lucas exclaimed, clearly fed up with everyone praising her.

"With her mind!" Dustin pointed out.

"Which was pretty epic" I said nodding along with Dustin.

"Are you kidding me? That's insane! In age all the other cool stuff she could do" Dustin said as he fussed off El. "Like..." as he began walking over to her. "I bet...that she could make this fly!" Dustin said as he held up a straw wars Lego set that Mike took hours building.

"Dustin, maybe let's not test that out" I said holding out my hand for him to stop.

"Hey. Hey. Okay concentrate. Okay?" Dustin said as he let it drop. It dropped to the ground and I cringed as El did nothing and let it fall. "Okay, one more time" He did the same thing and it fell to the ground. I heard Lucas sigh behind me and it was making me cringe at how bad this was. "Use your powers, okay?"

"Idiot" I heard Lucas said and I let out a small smile. Mike sighed from beside me.

"She is not a dog!" Mike said as he snatched the building away.

"Guys!" Mom called from upstairs. "Time for school" I groaned. Everyone rushed around us grabbing our stuff I looked at Mike and nodded while he chatted with El. I waved to her goodbye as I raced up the stairs.

"Michael!" My mom screamed as we made it up the stairs.

"Coming!" He yelled back.

"What is up with your brother?" She asked me as she grabbed her keys from the counter.

"Your son"

"Your brother"

...

At recess instead of plying we were stuck picking rocks for Lucas's rocket launcher. I groaned as I bent down to pick another rock up.

"How about this one?" I said as I asked Lucas.

"To big for the sling" Lucas said, I groaned as tossed the rock behind me and went looking again.

"So do you think Eleven was born with her powers, like the X-Men, or do you think she acquired them, like...like Green Lantern?" Dustin asked as he picked up and looked at rocks.

"She's not a superhero. She's a weirdo" Lucas said as he shoved a rock into his pocket.

"Why does that matter?" I asked him as I picked up another rock.

"The X-Men are weirdos." Mike said agreeing with me.

"If you love her so much, why don't you marry her?" Lucas asked me. I let out a small laugh and so did Dustin.

"What are you talking about?" Mike asked his cheeks getting red.

"Mike, seriously?" Lucas asked him.

"What?" He asked.

"You look at her all, like...'Hi El! El! El!" Lucas said as he went up and hugged Mike. "Why don't you marry me?" Lucas mocked as he got down in one knee.

"Shut up, Lucas. Dustin looks at Y/n like that and why don't you make fun of them?" Mike asked, I felt my cheeks get hot as the attention turned to us.

"Well, that's obvious" Lucas said ignoring the statement. I coudknt even look at Dustin and I was mad at Mike for saying that in front of Dustin.

"Yeah, shut up Lucas" Troy repeated as he came back. I groaned as I stepped back with Dustin. "What are you losers doing back here?" Troy asked us.

"Probably looking for their missing friend?" His firmed said, he was so relevant to me I don't even know his name.

"That's not funny" Dustin said in a serious tone. "It's serious. He's in danger"

"I hate to break it to you toothless, but he's not in danger. He's dead. That's what my dead says" Troy spat at us.

"Well your dads stupid" I said to him as I stook a steal closer.

"What did you say?" Troy asked getting in my face.

"I said he is fucking stupid. Just like his son" I said standing my ground. I left Mike pull me back .

"Shut up. He was probably killed by some other queer" Troy and his weird friend laughed.

"Come on. Just ignore them" Mike said to us. But I couldn't. Will wasn't even here to defend himself and it wasn't right. As Mike went to walk away Troy took his foot and tripped Mike.

Troy and his friend started laughing and I heard Mike groan. I wasn't thinking at the time and I kicked Troy in the balls. He fell over grabbing his small dick.

"What are you going to do about it?" I asked his friend who stepped closer to me and them back away. "What were your dad think if he say his son just got k Ike's in the ball same girl? Pretty disappointed" I said to Troy as I kicked him in the stomach.

I helped Mike up and I dragged them along with me. Leaving Troy and his friend crying on the ground.