Namjoon

Something had changed between us. Though we behaved as usual, there was this unspoken tension simmering between Kookie and me. He continued looking out for me in his own little ways, and to be honest, I was grateful. But he had also distanced himself from me in some ways.

He started hanging around Hobi and Jin more often. He always chose the front passenger seat to be in, which meant he was alone. I could hardly find him in the living room, and if he was, he always was with the maknae line playing some games.

This went on for a good 3 weeks. Even at practice, he would goof around as usual but limited it to Jin, Suga, V, and occasionally Jimin. I am not sure when but the boys had started realizing that it had been days or even weeks since Kookie and I last spoke.

"YAH! Come and eat dinner, all of you! I am not going to call again!" 

The minute we heard Jin's voice, all of us stopped whatever we were doing and all started to go to the dining table. Everyone started to pick seats. I know Kookie wouldn't sit next to me, so I was about to sit down next to Suga, who had Hobi on his left. But before I could do so, Jimin took that seat.

I saw a seat next to Jimin on his right so I moved towards it but Jin plonked himself down. Ours was a 6 seater table and often the odd one would just scoot and sit next to someone. My only options were to sit next to V who was on Hobi's left. So I sat down on the final empty seat which meant Kookie had to scoot and sit next to someone. When he finally came up to the table, he saw that all the seats were taken. He said he would eat on the couch when I stopped him and offered him my seat.

But surprisingly out of all people, V pulled me down. Hobi looked at Kookie and just told him to sit next to me. We both looked at Hobi who looked abit stern. Kookie nodded and quickly sat down.

"Haven't the two of you ignored each other enough? How long more do you plan to continue this?"

Both of us shot up our heads at Jin who just said out loud, looking at us fiercely.

"You think we can't tell you two have been avoiding each other? Are you going to talk it out or do I have to lock you in a room to do so?"

I kept quiet. Just then, Kookie stood up abruptly.

"Sorry hyung. I didn't mean to ignore you. I will promise to be better." Having said that to me, he just took off, abandoning his dinner.

Everyone was stunned. There was silence at what he had just did. Until I heard someone softly mutter.

"If I still see you at this table in the next 5 seconds, then I'm going to tell manager on what's happening. Go pacify him now. You have to take the first step, RM."

I looked over at Suga who had finally spoken. He hardly says anything in a group setting preferring to let Jin do it but it must have ticked him enough. I still stubbornly sat there, half in trepidation and fear when I heard Jin open his mouth. That's when I fled the scene, going straight to Kookie's room.

I guess, it was time for that conversation. I knocked on Kookie's door and he opened it, his eyes teary and cheeks flushed. My heart went out looking at him and I just grabbed him in a tight hug with no words said.

I didn't think there was a need for any at this moment. He was hurting and I just wanted to soothe him. And the worst part, he was hurting because of me.