C h a p t e r 5

Hey there amazing reader.

Just wanted to make it clear that I don't own any of the characters. All rights go to J.K Rowling and Warner Bros.

★♪•∆↓°(|∞≈

September 1st had dawned.

Hermione stood on Platform 9¾ and breathed it in for the last time as a Hogwarts student. She looked at the scarlet train that she had journeyed to Hogwarts to, so many times, and now it was for the last time.

The others had already went in, in search of a compartment. While she was still feeling a bit nostalgic. To say she was emotional would be an understatement.

'Okay Hermione let's do this.' she thought.

As she stepped on the train she lost her footing and slipped, almost falling backwards, but someone caught her.

She gasped. A hand pulled her up and she stood upright.

"Are you okay Granger?"

She looked up to see Draco Malfoy gazing down at her with concern. What? "Ummm yeah... thanks for catching me." she said softly.

"No sweat." he said and  walked off.

Hermione stared at his retreating figure. Did Malfoy just save her? Why though?

She shook her head clearing her thoughts and stormed off to find her friends.

°°°

Hermione walked in the compartment and found Harry sitting with Luna. "Where are the others?"

"Prefect compartment."

She had completely forgotten that she needed to go talk to the prefects. "Shoot um, yeah I need to go."

"You seem flustered Hermione. It might be Wrackspurts." Luna said.

Hermione shook her head. "No Luna it's nothing, don't worry." she turned to the door.

Just then Neville walked in.

"Hey guys, umm Hermione, professor McGonagall is requesting to see you in the teachers compartment."

"Thanks Nev, I'll be a sec." Hermione said getting up. "See you guys at Hogwarts, I guess I'll have to go to the Prefect compartment after seeing McGonagall."

Neville sat down next to Harry. "Okay see you later then." he said.

"Later Herms." Harry waved.

"Bye." Luna said cheerily.

°°°

Hermione knocked and walked in the compartment to see Draco Malfoy sitting down in front of the desk, facing professor McGonagall.
He's the Head Boy?! No, it couldn't be. Could it?!

"Ah, Miss Granger please sit down." Professor McGonagall said gesturing to the chair next to Malfoy.

Hermione looked at professor McGonagall then at Malfoy. She sat down slowly.

"Now Head Prefects, congratulations once again. I'm very pleased with my decision because I know that the two of you will positively excel at your duties. And of course make a remarkable team." she said smiling.

Hermione smiled at professor McGonagall. Malfoy nodded.

"Now your duties include overseeing the prefects night patrol, choosing patrol partners and overseeing general discipline on school grounds and during Hogsmeade trips"

"You have permission to take away house points. And your dormitory is located on the seventh floor around the corner from the Room of Requirement. It requires a password entrance that you both will have to decide on."