C h a p t e r 3

Hello everyone. Chapter three has arrived.

Friendly reminder. I don't own any of the characters. All rights go to J.K Rowling and Warner Bros.

Enjoy.

★♪•∆°↓(|∞≈

Hermione went through her luggage making sure everything was tightly shut. She cast a charm on them, making them feather light so she could easily levitate them behind her while carrying Apollo's cage downstairs.

"Already done? If I didn't know better, I'd say you were trying to get away from us." her mother laughed.

"Of course not mum. I'm going to miss you guys."

"Oh I think we'll miss you more dear. We'll see you at Christmas." her mum said smiling.

"Come here." her dad hugged her tightly. She hugged him back. Once he let go. She faced her mother.

"Be safe okay. And write to us." her mum said.

"Of course."

Her mum kissed her cheek and hugged her. She let go and picked up Apollo's cage with her left hand. In her right hand she was pulling her luggage along.

Her dad opened the front door. And she walked out to the gate.

She smiled at her parents one more time before apparating.

Hermione opened her eyes at the scent of fresh air. She looked around at the field around her. The Burrow was just up ahead. She walked on until the Weasley residence was just a few metres away.

The door flew open and Ginny Weasley ran out to meet her. She tightly hugged her best friend.

"I've missed you so much Mione." Ginny gushed.

"I missed you more."

Ginny took Apollo's cage and they walked into the house.

"Guess who's here?" Ginny exclaimed.

Harry popped his head into the kitchen. He grinned at the sight of Hermione. "Our very own Head Girl." He walked over and hugged her.

She hugged him tightly. "Hey you." She let go with a smile. "What's up with the stubble?"

"Ginny says it makes me look sexy."

Hermione laughed. "Sure."

"Can I get a hug." a voice said behind Harry.

Ron stepped forward grinning. Hermione grinned back and opened her arms. They hugged. Ron spoke into her shoulder, "How have you been?"

She broke out of the hug. "Great actually, spending time with my parents really helped."

"That's great. You're just in time to help us set up for dinner."

"Okay let me put my stuff upstairs then."

°°°

Hermione was relieved that Ron was comfortable in her presence.

They had broken up only a few weeks ago. Having tried dating twice and came to the realisation that they were better off as friends.

"Hello Hermione dear." Mrs Weasley said rushing over to hug her.

"Hello Mrs Weasley. How are you?"

"Can't complain dear. I'm glad to see you are happy."

Hermione smiled. "I'm glad you're okay."

"There she is!" Mr Weasley exclaimed walking in the kitchen.