6

My first private dance is over and I'm surprised that it wasn't so bad, I closed my eyes and imagined I was dancing for Ark the hot drummer from the band Ryder. My imagination is able to get me through it without crying, I feel his fingers linger in the waistband of my thong as he places some notes there. I know he wants to touch me but he knows the punishment will be the same as last night, he will be escorted from the club. Last night he had grasped my boob, I had roughly removed his hand before security reached us. He commented tonight that my take no shit attitude had him turned on, Ive figured out pretty early how to deal with him to get maximum tips. I don't feel bad taking his money, if anything I find it sad that he needs to pay for a woman's attention.

"Did you get my gift"

I purse my lips and look like I'm thinking about his question, I had in fact received a bottle of champagne from him. Derek had placed it on my dressing table and told me Mr Moneyz had dropped it off that morning. Mr Gomezs new nickname is fitting,I now have to remind myself of his actual name so I don't accidentally refer to him as Mr Moneyz.

"Oh the Gucci pumps, I loved them. How did you know I wore a size 7" his face drops, I supress my laughter.

"Erm no they weren't from me"

"The Kate spade bag" I ask

"My gift must not have arrived yet, I'll chase it up tomorrow" he shifts uncomfortably in his chair.

"I did get some convenience store champagne, was that from you" he shakes his head.

"No I bought you an expensive lingerie set, I'll make sure it's here tomorrow" he stutters.

"Wow aren't i a lucky girl, I can't believe you know my size. You really do pay attention don't you" I swoon, I can't believe he's eating this up.

"It's a voucher so you can choose your own" he adds quickly, he's so smooth I still can't believe he needs to be at a place like this.

"Oh you think of everything, maybe I'll wear them the next time I dance for you" I whisper in his ear as the song ends. I'm not expecting to receive the voucher nor do I want to, it's all mindless flirting.

I wave my notes in the air as I enter the changing room, my new friend Gemma has larger wad of money that she's using to fan herself.

"Champagne anyone" I ask as I pop the cork of my gift. The girls squeal and happy hand me their sport bottles. I drink the last of the champagne straight from the bottle.

"We should party, my friends debuting his new drag character tonight " I suggest, Hugo has been so secretive about his new job, he wouldn't even give me any details about who his character was based on. I did sneak a look at his shirt blonde wig so my guess is his character is based on Anna wintour the editor of vogue.

As soon as the clock struck one we were dressed and ready to hit the drag club. We link arms and walk the block to the club, were not waiting long until we're sat at a table having our drink order taken by a Madonna impersonater.

I drink my porn star martini and listen to the girls discussing Jolene and Derek's blossoming relationship. I'm stunned as he's at least double her age and he's not one of those sexy older guys, he looks every one of his fifty years.

"He's really sweet, he knows how to treat a lady" Jolene swoons. I roll my eyes, in my experience he does not know how to treat women and he's as sweet as a bag of snakes.

"You were brought up by a single mother right" Gemma asks making me smirk, I know what she's getting at but Jolene seems oblivious.

"Yes, I never met my dad why"

"Daddy issues" chastity and Gemma say in unison. Jolene huffs before dipping her fingers in her wine and flicking the liquid at them.

The room goes dark, the stage is illuminated by red lights. The show is about to start.

"Hugo said he was going on at half one so this should be him" I announce.

My breath catches in my throat as a talk slender figure walks on the stage. Her short blonde bob is perfectly styled, her face is pale with natural make up and high contour. I look down her body and see the set of pearls sat on her chest, her body is covered in a channel suit and kitten heels. I can't believe what I'm seeing, why does he look like my mom.

"My name's Kathleen gillwhore and I'm a lady who likes to lunch" he says, if my eyes were closed I would have thought it was my mom speaking. I can't believe he's really created a drag persona based on my mother. I don't know if to laugh or cry, I quickly pull out my phone and start to record, my siblings will never believe this. The crowd goes wild as he ends his set, I'm just about to end the recording when he delivers his final line.

"Just in case I forgot I'm Kathleen gillwhore and I'm better than you" he pouts before throwing his scarf over his shoulder and strutting off the stage.

"Wow he's good, I loved his character I wonder who she's based on " Gemma comments.

I shake my head and turn my cell towards them so they can see my screen "my mother Kathleen Gilmore"