Chapter 20 (Heroes)

(Sonia's POV)

I am running through a rocky field. I looked around and saw a loop de loop made out of rock. I quickly ran through it and jumped up into the air, catching myself on a pillar of rock and jumped from pillar to pillar. I landed on the ground and continued to run, running past more huge rocks and cacti. I heard a plane engine behind me and saw Tails piloting the Tornado 2 to my right. She always manages to get that thing repaired quickly.

Sonia: Yo Tails! Long time no see!

I noticed Knuckles riding in the back seat. Why is he with Tails? Must be something important to get him away from Angel Island.

Tails: Sonia! Check this out!

I saw Tails start to hold out a piece of paper. I jumped up and grabbed it from her hand, doing a flip and landed backwards. I started to rub backwards as I looked down at the piece of paper. It has some words and behind them is Eggman. The picture started to move as the piece of paper actually produced sound.

Eggman: Muhahahaha!! Guess what, Sonia Heroes? I've finally developed the ultimate weapon! In 3 days, I will conquer the world. Think you can stop me?

The paper started to laugh, but I dropped the paper, letting the wind take it away.

Sonia: Hmm... Sounds like an invitation to party!

I turned around to start running forward.

Tails: What are we gonna do, Sonia?

Knuckles: Heh. No worries, we've got this one!

Sonia: Heh, think I'd miss this?! Time to crack that Eggman wide open... Yeah, let's party!

Tails and Knuckles jumped out of the Tornado 2 and started to run along with me. I wasn't expecting to do some evil plan stopping today, but good thing my schedule is free.

Sonia: Hey! Tails! Knuckles! You want (Y/N) to tag along too?!

Knuckles: What?! You don't think we're enough for this?!

Sonia: Nah. I just thought it would be nice to get him in on the action!

Tails: I wouldn't mind him joining us!

Knuckles: As long as he doesn't get in the way!

I smiled as I pulled my phone out of my pocket. I started to call (Y/N), but right as it started to ring, my phone hit a nearby rock destroying the top half of my phone.

Sonia: Uh... Tails! Can I borrow your phone?!

Tails patted her pockets and had a look of realization on her face.

Tails: I don't have it! I must've left it on the Tornado 2!

Sonia: Welp! I'm sure we'll see him on the way!

(Readers POV)

I am walking down the street, until I heard my phone start to ring. I took it out and saw Sonia calling me.

(Y/N): Ok (Y/N), stay calm and cool.

I was about to answer the call, but it said that the call failed.

(Y/N): Uh... What?

I got confused. Why would Sonia try to call me but it just stop? Is she in trouble or something? Now that has me worried.

(Y/N): I'm sure she's fine... I should still check up on her. But where would I find her? She's basically a moving speed of sound needle in a haystack.

As I was starting to think of where I could find her, I saw a newspaper on the ground. I picked it up and saw a blurry picture of what looks like Sonia from the back. She's holding a frog and a chao. I read the article and it said that she took the frog away and took the Chao from a nearby chao garden.