Chapter Eight-A Baby?(Part 1)

One day, Pearl was sitting next to the warp pad. I know, such a terrible way to start her story, but Rose...

Anyhow, then Rose warped in.

"Rose, do you have a mission for us?" Amethyst, now almost six thousand years old, asked her.

Rose shook her head. "I came to get Pearl."

"How come I'm stuck babysittin' Amethyst? " Garnet asked.

"If it's to much of a challenge, you two can unfuse," Pearl challenged.

"No." She replied, adjusting her glasses.

"Woah, you're a fusion?" Amethyst asked.

Rose and Pearl warped away. She recognized to battle field with the floating Islands.

"Up to the top again, Rose?" She nodded. When we made it to the top, she had her sit down.

"Pearl, I have some exiting news that I wanted to share with you first!"

I love you to, Rose.

"I'm going to have a baby with Greg!"

In those eight words, Pearl  felt the universe shatter.

"A child? But Rose, you'll have to give up your gem, please don't do this, we need you!"

"Pearl, it's too late to reconsider. " Rose grabbed her hands. "Pearl, I know you love me. And I love you too. But not in the way I love Greg."

She touched her face, and she realized she'd been crying.

"Pearl, I need someone I trust to be the baby's mother. To be honest, I don't trust Greg alone."

Pearl  laughed, and wrapped her arms around Rose.

"I live you so much Rose, and I'll miss you more than Homeworld."

She kissed Pearl's forehead.

*************************************

Thanks for reading part one of chapter eight !