Chapter Eight-A Baby?(part 2)

The next day, everyone stood sad on the beach. Even Garnet was crying. Rose stepped up to Amethyst.

"Amethyst, I've only known you for a few thousand years, but you're one of the best people I've ever met."

She hugged Amethyst. She walked up to Garnet.

"Garnet, when I met you, you were two people. But now you've chosen to be one, and I just want to tell you to never stop being you."

"Th-thank you Rose." Garnet said, as they hugged. Rose came to Pearl  last.

"Oh, my Pearl. I know this is going to be hard for you, but the baby needs a mother. And I wouldn't trust anyone but you. I love you Pearl."

"I love you too Rose..." We hugged for a while, then Rose walked to Greg.

"I love you, Greg."

"I love you too, Rose." They kissed, and hugged for a few moments.

Rose's gem began to glow. There were tears in her eyes as she faded into a small baby in Greg's arms.

"Rose..." Pearl  said.

After a moment of tears, Greg came over with the baby.

"Meet Steven." Pearl didn't want anything to do with the baby, until she looked at it. Curly black hair, with Greg's jaw line. Then the blanket shifted, and something caught her eye. She pulled the blanket down to reveal the small gem on his navel.

"Steven..." she smiled, something she never thought she would do again.

***********************************
I'm bawling my eyes out. Only two more chapters, then an after note.